Atlas vs. avalanche

Bronze Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 61
everyone has been saying that the avalanche is better than the atlas but i looked on ascendant audio's website and it looks like the atlas is not only louder, it hits lower than the avalanche. the loudest the avalanche can hit at 10 hz is like 70 decibals but the atlas can hit it at like 76! thats four times as loud! Also, the atlas 15 is only $160 while the ava is 300. whats up?

Bronze Member
Username: Bga44

Post Number: 94
i have read that avalanche is better for the money.

Anonymous

oh lord. Shakespeare is back

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 128
AM - don't go off of those numbers!

you can't even hear a 10hz tone nor would you ever need to or want to. The Avalanche is louder than the Atlas series, but requires more power. Sensitivity ratings (which I'm guessing you looked at) are not really related to output.

plus you cant buy those anymore from ascendant audio. you can buy my Ava 15" on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ascendant-Audio-Avalanche-15_W0QQitemZ5828790713QQcategoryZ1 8804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 54
lololololol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
y u call me shakespeare

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4204
I have a atlas 15 brand new for sale if you want it:-)

Anonymous

one of your posts seemed to be in old english.

how about this time dont post 90 posts in one night. instead read and learn a little.

I know you went to Circuit City and talked to the saleman. Now you feel like an expert in car audio. but, you're not. so don't give advice on stuff you dont know

like saying a person with a small car shouldn't get a Brahma because it will make his car rattle too much. that's like saying a small girl shouldnt get a big mac. but my girl is 5'1 and she takes a big mac like a champ :-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4205
ohh yeah well mine is 4'10 and will take down 2 so ha! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
actually i have been to circuitcity, and those guys are retarded. they said in an exedition you couldnt change the receiver, but my brother got a new receiver from sound advice and it works fine. i have been reading. my advice was based on what ive seen at competitions. i have been reading and learning. i used to think hifonics was good, and now i woudnt buy from them.

Anonymous

I am proud my son. You make me proud.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4206
dude my brotehr is retarted and works at circuilt city so don't F'ck around like that SH!T D!CK lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
arent pyramid amps crap. this one guy who does car audio had 4 18s and used pyramid amps. i think he is idiot. pyramid is cheap trash right?
What amp brands would u recommend. I know people who have used JBL, alpine, rockford, kicker, and power acoustik. so far i think kicker is the best of those and JBL next.

Anonymous

haha, sucks for your brother

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 58
how many comps have you been to? bunch of guys in a shopping mall parking lot blasting their audiobahn equipment doesn't count.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
yea so back to the original topic... it couldn't be best for the money since the atlas is 140 bucks cheaper, and the avalanche had lower spl than the atlas AT EVERY FREQUENCY. however, im sure the main difference is the avalanche box is smaller and the atlas is only 350 watts while the avalanche is 800, but still... do the atlases hav as good sq? i mite just buy the two of them just to compare. however, im sure ascendant audio priced the avalanche higher for a reason. BUT are atlases deep when compared to other woofers? (brahmas, etc.) and are they loud? would they be a good buy for the lower price? i want that guy named chad that everyone always talks about to answer me, he works with that company, right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
i realize that. i live in tampa and ive to some around there. the winner last year had 20 sony subs. i know sony sucks, the 2nd place person is the one who uses hifonics

Anonymous

guys be nice. he is making progress

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2619
excuse me for not knowing, lol, but why does everybody give Alexander such a hard time?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4207
dude that was me at that mall man and don't front I know my stuff I got a 4 chan amp running my 1 sub and a mono amp running my mids dude it sounds so incredible! ohh yeah its boss amps and Pyle subs not audiobahn!

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
yesterday i was being a dick

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
what are you talkin about james?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
k plz get back on topic and answer my last question. since all of yall seem to hate alexander then make another topic about him, and alexander dont post on this topic so evry1 will get back on topic and stop talking about you

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2620
why don't you call the owner and ask him.
he can tell you exactly what youy need to know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
i didnt say boss or pyle did I?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4208
dude don't talk to me your to smart!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
k alexander shut up sony is lame so is all those other brands u like now stop talking so i can get my question answered which wuz the whole point of this topic

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4209
dude the avalanche is a great sub for SQL purposes gets very deep and hits with authority under 35 hz. The atlas is a SQ sub and will get very low as well just not as loud and doesnt handle nearly the amount of power, the ava is 800 rms while the atlas is 300 rms. I run a ava in my set-up right now, if you want a atlas I have a brand new one never been played.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
i said i know sony is crap, i never said i liked them. i dont have a problem with anyone, they all talkin shyt bout me. i dont know wuts wrong with james.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
but would the atlas be a good buy or should i get an avalanche? do atlases get loud? or would i need 2? also, do atlases go deeper with the same amount of watts? and should i stick w/ the atlas or avalanche? and why is the ava so much more expensive?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2621
you should humble yourself and change your name to Alexander. you'll come off less cocky in the future.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2622
if you want just SQ, go with the Atlas, if you want SQL, then spend the extra money, and get the Avalanche.

the Ava is more expensive b/c it is a better built/more durable/more performace subwoofer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
my name isnt actually alexander. im not ATG to be cocky.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4210
what kind of amp do you have if any? they both perform well in 2.5 sealed but if you are looking to win SPL comps then AA isnt the route to go. their drivers are SQ oriented with a touch of SQL to boot(more so in the ava)

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 130
AM - you can't go wrong with the atlas or avalanche. if you want it loud AND sound good get the Ava. if you want it to sound good but dont care about getting REALLY loud, get the Atlas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ascendant-Audio-Avalanche-15_W0QQitemZ5828790713QQcategoryZ1 8804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
k so per watt the atlas is better but the avalanche is louder at every frequency when they are played at their full potential. ill probably stick w/ the ava bc there less cubic feet needed. however, does the atlas get loud? or is it not really that loud?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2623
i didn't say you were Alex the great to be cocky, but when you name yourself something that makes you sound like you are bragging, it kinda puts a bad taste in ppl's mouth.

do w/e you want, i am just trying to help.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 377
AM i'm sorry for asking this on your thread, but does everyone else only see like 7 or 8 threads under subwoofer. sorry again AM just didn't want to start a new thread for this question.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2624
AM, i would personally go with the Avalanche, you know it will have great SQ, and you don't have to worry about it not being loud enough.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
k baseball, iv been looking at u and mo's ava's and im saving money to get them so u dont hav to advertise, i liv in sc, too, so shipping would b cheaper if i buy yours, but i only hav like $140 rite now and i dont no if ill hav enough to get yours by time u sell it on ebay. ill probably go with both atlas and ava to compare, i don't hav an amp yet, but ill probly just get the ava, maybe 2, since i wanna be heard far away.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2625
yes, i too am only seeing a few threads under the sub forum.

and how come the Bragging Area is never working on the Car Audio Menu? lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2397
U guys really jacking AM's thread - some body help the guy with his ? ........

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 111
it worked yesterday.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2626
we already have.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 131
AM - where in SC are you. yea shipping would be cheaper and I'd give you a deal on the shipping accordingly.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2398
alrighty then ! - u guys can jack this thread back then ...Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
im in aiken, so im not too far, bout an hour or hour and a half away

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 378
i too have my eye on that avalanche at the moment. i just bought a jl 1000/1 and i think that sub is gonna work out perfectly for me. 3 days left. i am just waiting. should i just do a "buy it now".

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2627
:-O

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 113
on ebay people usually start bidding when the sale is almost done. so if u think u can outbid them and want to stay in front of the computer all day on the last day, then do that. or buy it now
i personally buy it now most of the time

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 132
Chad - a BIN would make me :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
man i wuz gonna buy it now 2 man but im gonna hav to work for mine... yall probly can afford to buy new woofers but i cant

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4212
well AM I will do my atlas for $150 plus shipping if you are interested:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
would an atlas be better spl than 2 MOFO 15"? or two lanzar 12"s? i no theyre cheap woofers but a friend of mine has them and they do get kinda loud

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 115
my bro has 2 mofo 15s. they arent much better than his old alpine e 12"s. i wouldnt buy power acoustik if i was u

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 379
i don't need to stay on the computor all day when its almost done. it tells you how many days and hours are left. just do a little calculation and you can figure out when it is going to over. i never buy it now cause you can usually get it cheaper by bidding.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 133
I would say the MOFO's would get louder, but honestly AM. They would sound like !#%@. if you get the atlas, you're getting a lot of quality as well. I'd stick with the atlas... if you put it in the right box, it will get plenty loud

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 134
Alright chad. let me know if you have any questions about it. hope to see your bid

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 116
every time i bid on ebay theres a few more people who will bid within the last 5 minutes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
so how loud will they get? compare it to another woofer of equal spl? also, i mite buy your ava if i can get my dad to loan me money, baseball

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2628
very. they will do mid to high 140's in the right box with the right amp.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2630
depends on the vehicle though. probably not that loud in a sealed trunk.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 135
I've never heard an Atlas so I don't really know. output would probably be around an alpine type R. and I dont know really what to compare the Avalanche to. it's LOUD though.

others can answer that question better...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
k well name another woofer w/ equal or close to the same spl

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 136
MTX 9500? soundsplinter rl-p, you really could compare it to a JL w7. I think the Ava would hold its own with any of those. not to mention have excellent SQ and more low end output than any of them

but again, I personally have not heard a lot of the subs out there, so others can answer better... but I have heard a JL 12w7 in a ported box (not the HO box) and it was not any louder than this

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
no i meant compare the atlas to a woofer of equal spl, also, i thought the ava was louder than a mtx 9500 15". am i rite?

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 119
he dont have enough money for 9500 or w7. and i havent heard good things about 9500. are other MTX subs any good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
9500 is mtx's best sub, other than the 22". but i heard the ava was louder than it ne wayz

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 138
it's hard to say which would be louder as that depends on the setup. put the ava in a ported box tuned around 30hz and it will be VERY loud and maintain great SQ.

the atlas would be like the type R i would think

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 120
wut is cheaper in price, alpine R, atlas, or kicker compVR. and of those 3 which is best

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
but type r's are loud rite? so an atlas is a loud woofer? or is it just kind of loud?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 140
it's hard to say... depends on what LOUD is to you. for most people an atlas would be plenty, but for some they would be happy for a while, then want more. it all depends on what you're looking for. you'll be happy with either, but the Avalanche will get louder and have comparable SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
im gonna try to get my dad 2 loan me money for the ava but i dont think he will, im gonna try to buy your's, baseball

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 123
i want loud, but i like deep bass. would a ava or brahma be better

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 141
AM

one other thing to think about. The Ava needs 500-1000w RMS at 1 or 4ohms (it's a DVC 2ohm) and the Atlas needs 300w RMS at 4ohms (it has some different coil configs but it's basically a SVC 4ohm sub)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
o ok i didnt no it wuz 4 ohm, so im definately goin w/ an ava, 1 ohm, im gonna try to get yours baseball, how many months are left on the warranty?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 144
AM - should be 35? I purchased it in October brand new from AA. I got lucky...

I'm going to call Chad monday and find out the specifics on how to transfer that and stuff or if I need to do anything. but as of right now I'm not sure about the warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 640
an atlas is comparable to a kicker cvr in spl, i know i have 2 atlas 15's and although i havent heared them both at the same time i did compare 1 15 atlas to my friends cvr12. the cvr was in a custom ported box tuned to 30hz and the atlas was in a pre-fab sealed box just a little over 1.5cf and we were using a kicker kx400.1 amp, and although the kicker got slightly louder the atlas owned it in sq. so if you put a tlas in a custom box and give it more power i bet it could easily get in the mid 140's in spl and still sound great doing it. ohh and since the atlas is only 4ohm in this test it was probally getting around 200watts.

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 124
wut is the price difference

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
k and baseball, plz be honest, is it in good condition? hav u ever pushed it over 800 watts or constantly over 700? also has it been well taken care of and is it in perfect condition (exactly like the day you got it?)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
agg44, atlas is 140 new and ava is 300 new, however they no longer make either brand so u hav 2 get it used

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 145
lol.. AM it has recieved more than 800w, but TRUST ME, it can handle it with ease. I have never pushed it beyond it's limits and it's in perfect condition. you can only tell it's been mounted once around the rim, but that's normal and you can't even see because of the rubber gasket. but yes it's in PERFECT condition

my amp pushed about 1000w at 1ohm. I had the gains set to where I was giving it about 800w. ask anybody on here and they will tell you 1000w is fine for the Ava daily. or even call Chad and he will tell you the same

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
which part can u tell it was mounted? the actual woofer, like the rubber part, or rite outside the rubber part?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 146
okay. let me try to explain this the best way i can.

the screws actually tighten against the metal basket, but around the edge of the basket is a rubber gasket. this serves two purposes, one, it covers up the glue where the surround was glued to the basket and the screws, 2 it helps seal the woofer to your box, i think... the only part that you can see is where the screws were on the basket.. but you have to take the gasket off to see this. and it's sooo small it's not even worth talking about honestly. it's normal and happens to every sub when it's mounted

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
k sounds good but one last question, i've heard nothing but good things about the avalanche so why are you selling it?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 149
mainly because I like changing my setup. I have an SX now and i'll have something new in a couple months.. maybe a Brahma or something next.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
which is better, the ava or the sx or the brahma? also, ill more than likely be buying your sub.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 152
they all are different. Ava is SQL,about in the middle of SQ/SPL...SX is SQL, but a lot more SPL, ...and the Brahma is still SQL, but a lot more SQ

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1335
overall, the ava is the best for the simple fact that it is cheapest.lol, so when they made it they where thinkin about the workin man

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4214
dude if you are that confused just buy my atlas and see how you like it. If you don't you will be able to sell it for what you got it for. I have never used it it is brand new from AA in the OG box.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1360
wow 90 post in 1 day same topic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us