Superfly

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 350
superfly or whoever you are (lol), i just purchased the jl audio 1000/1. i am planning on using that amp to power the alpines for now. since i would do a series-parallel connection to get 4ohms, that would put a lot less strain on the amp right? i read the part about the ohms law on 12volt.com. i can't say i understood all but since the jl amp is 1000wrms at 1.5-4ohms i can connect my subs to 4ohms. that means less heat to my amp which in return means better performance.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4194
you got it man:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2341
YO !

What da heck ! - how much did u get it for , i wonder if u got it from the same friend's uncle u gave u the sweet deal on the pair of Alpines ?

Yea - i would wire em @ 4ohms .

alot of ppl don't realise that amp goes from 1.5 & NOt 1ohm .

Those Alpines might even sound even sweeter now - lol . When u get it hooked up , let us all know if its an overall improvement on SQL ......

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 353
got it from ebay. $455 + $25 shipping. i was winning with $380 but some guy put $450 max bid on that with 10minutes left. so i put 5 dollars more and won. i feel like its a fair price. seller states that it's barely used but aren't they all barely used.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2343
well i just google it & the lowest price was $700 so thats not too bad .

After what almost happened 2u with ebay the last time - i thought u would not even venture there again .......

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 355
the guy refunded my money right away so it's all good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us