Got new sub!! JL 13w7 (for sale 2-15" 2002 model L7's) help with enclosure

Unregistered guest
I just won a brand new 13w7 for $455 on ebay!! Anywayz I am going to build the box for the sub. Space is at a premium. Under 3 cu.ft. is neccessary because I want some of my damn trunk space back!! I think I am going to go with a sealed box for sound quality. The max size sealed enclosure for this sub is 2.5 cu.ft. The recommended size is 1.875 cuft. I want to see the response curves for this sub in various enclosures before I decide. Anybody have a link to these? If not what is the box tuned (bass response) to at 2.5 cuft. say versus 2 or 2.25 cuft? I have built many boxes before and I think the sealed box has the most accurate bass reproduction. Correct me if I am wrong. This is going into a 2000 grand am. I have a 4000w (2000x2 1/2 ohm stable) boss audio amp (don't make fun I know they are supposely junk but I paid $750 for it and personally I think it produces crystal clear sound even though it really doesn't produce 4000w). I am connecting a channel from the amp to each of the coils I have a deep cycle sealed lifeline secondary battery right next to the amp and a 160 amp alternator. (Also a 1600w amp for the 6 channels.) The 1600w is rated with 60amps worth of fuses and the 4000w with 120amps worth. The lights never dimmed but do you think I need caps for instantaneous current? Thanks and let me know with suggestions.

P.S. The L7's with box are $250 plus shipping any where in the US if you know anyone interested.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1473
isaac has extensive experience with the w7. i would ask him.
drop the boss, though.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 388
http://cgi.ebay.com/W-W-NEW-BOSS-PD-4000-4000-WATT-CHROME-SUB-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQ itemZ5828402119QQcategoryZ79818QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 46
hey bigkzilla how old is the L7s,does it come with a box.im interested let me know.also whats the lowest you would go.

Bronze Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 47
nevermind i see your header

Bronze Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 48
are the L7s in good shape

Unregistered guest
for Thomas White;
I bought the L7's Christmas of '02 and they have been in two vehicles since. First they were in my extended cab '97 f-150 (no rear seat of course) and now they are in my grand am. If you want any pics send me an your e-mail address to bigkzilla@hotmail.com They are still in my car so I can show you the fronts of the subs but not the insides. They are in immaculate condition and have been well taken care of. I got them hooked to the aforementioned amp above and even though it is a boss they still pound!! I want to sell for at least $225 without box and $250 with and I guess you can have the amp if you want also for another $175. I guess I got screwed when I paid retail for this amp about a year and a half ago. O well. Shipping would be expensive to Hawaii tho remember that.

Unregistered guest
for Thomas White;
I bought the L7's Christmas of '02 and they have been in two vehicles since. First they were in my extended cab '97 f-150 (no rear seat of course) and now they are in my grand am. If you want any pics send me an your e-mail address to bigkzilla@hotmail.com They are still in my car so I can show you the fronts of the subs but not the insides. They are in immaculate condition and have been well taken care of. I got them hooked to the aforementioned amp above and even though it is a boss they still pound!! I want to sell for at least $225 without box and $250 with and I guess you can have the amp if you want also for another $175. I guess I got screwed when I paid retail for this amp about a year and a half ago. O well. Shipping would be expensive to Hawaii tho remember that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us