MTX vs. Kicker

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 735
Which amp would power 1 set of Kappa components the best? I am trying to keep the power draw from the amp as low as possible. My choices, basically, are the MTX 2 channel road thunder (50X2 dynamic power.., 37.5X2 rms), the Kicker 150.2 (60rmsX2), or the Kicker 200.2 (70rmsX2). The signal to noise on the MTX is awesome but will I notice a SQ difference between any of them since the speakers are known to be so good? Would the 60 watts or 70 watts be enough to bring their full potential out? Thanks

(all power is rated at 4 ohms)

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 386
the road thunder amp wouldnt put out enough power to your components so i would go with the kicker amp

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1543
for Kappa components...i would go w/ the kx150.2 or kx200.2, depending on the price.

just IHO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
would i notice a difference in the 2 kickers and would that setup sound any good?

Bronze Member
Username: Yada

Post Number: 45
kicker 350.4 about $135 shipping included on ebay. Bridged mode should give you more than enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Kleinc

Post Number: 23
Have you thought about getting kappa perfects instead of just kappa's??

Silver Member

Post Number: 737
I did chris, and I would get them, but some people say they are too bright. I don't know if I want to risk it considering I have never personally heard them. Your opinion?

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 130
There will probably be no audible difference between the 150.2 and the 200.2, you may have a little more headroom with the 200.2 if it's under 20 bucks extra I'd say it's worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1557
chris...have you thought about putting together your one custom component set?

you may wanna look at these to use as mids:

http://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AA&Produ ct_Code=9010&Category_Code=9000

i'm thinkin about grabbin a few of them for my does pretty soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us