NOT LOUD NO MORE...

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 248
Well guys... i dont think my system is loud ne more.. everything is same... it was louder becuz it shaked my trunk pretty bad b4 not ne more... only diffrence or change there is now that i change my speaker wire.. i was running a nice one but then i lost that so i am running subs from this thin sh!T cheap speaker wire.. could that be a reason?

Bronze Member
Username: Bga44

Post Number: 26
u need good wire. thats like benching 500lbs with a paper bar. not a good connection. u should always get a new receiver to get the best signal, then good amps to increase power of signal, the good speakers and subs to play the signal. this signal is connected by wires all the way from the beginning

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4054
"u need good wire. thats like benching 500lbs with a paper bar. not a good connection. u should always get a new receiver to get the best signal, then good amps to increase power of signal, the good speakers and subs to play the signal. this signal is connected by wires all the way from the beginning"

I'm getting tired of fixing your posts. It's appearant your have no clue what your talking about, and your advice is flawed.

Wire is wire, it doesn't matter what you use, and the gauge doesn't matter nearly as much as you'd think. Power and ground wire certainly need to be a certain size relative to the amperage being pulled, but the current passing through the speaker wire is ac, and the size of the wire doesn't make near the difference. You'll be fine with anything 20 gauge and lower.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
thats what im saying, u need good wire for the battery and amp. but old cheap wires will not be sufficient to carry a quality signal

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4058
He wasn't asking about his power supply wires. He was asking specifically about speaker wire. The quality of speaker wire will not effect the performance. Like I said before, wire is wire, there is no real big difference between a 10 dollar spool of 12 gauge and a 80 dollar spool of 12 gauge.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
there is such thing as bad speaker wire. not any wire will work

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4061
Wire will in no way effect the sound quality, and almost all wire is made of the same basic elements. As long as the gauge's are the same, there is little to no difference, besides the large corporate company trying to r@pe you by charging 50 bucks for "high end" speaker wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
he said he had nice wire, but now has thin wire, obviously gauge change. gauge change will effect it. speaker wire wouldnt effect the sound that much i agree wit u, but he said he went from nice to thin

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 745
how "thin" is thin? That might be your problem. Sounds a lot more like you don't have the subs wired down to a low ohm like the must have been before. Check all of your wiring and make sure it is all wired correctly.

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 252
well i had it parallel wired putting 2 ohms of load..( mono amp and 2 subs) the subs are SVC and 4ohms so yeah.. the wire is kinda sh!T becuz everytime i try to peel it off, the outside of wire stretches... its a bad wire...

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 174
hey pikeshp, are you in pi kappa alpha by any chance

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 214
"As long as the gauge's are the same, there is little to no difference, besides the large corporate company trying to r@pe you by charging 50 bucks for "high end" speaker wire."

$50 dollars for high end? check this out.....

http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=336 1&customer_id=PAA1195119905284XUECVVVZIVULORVU

Where are the people who buy this when I'm selling stuff????

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 255
infinity Kappa subs??? two4fifteen?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4071
Kimber is an exception...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums