Can it be done!?!?!?!?

Bronze Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 97
i want to get a 2 channel amp for 6.5 inch speakers that are 100watts rms but it came with an external crossover that goes to the speakers, they are 4 ohm speakers and the amp i want is 100watts rms but at 2 ohm is there anyway i can run my speakers are 2 ohm or will it hurt them? or is it just like a subwoofer set up for 2 ohm? probably a simple question so thanks for helpin

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 501
no, if the speaker set up is at 4 ohms, thats all they can be set at.
you could get a second set, and wire a pair on each channel in parallel for 2 ohms. you'd have to get custom door panels and all that good stuff though to have the room, lol.

that amp is only gonna give about 50 watts at 4 ohms, which is a decient amount of power, but if you want 100 watts you'll have to look into different amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
so what your saying is that i need a 100watt amp at 4 ohm? that sucks... i have 6x9s in the rear and 6 1/2s in the front so could i use the back ones with it to get 100watts? but would that just be splitting the power between the speakers so it would only be 50 watts a speaker anyways right?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 505
yeah, that would only bee 50 watts to each speaker. and you'd loose fader controls too doing it like that.

try it with 50 watts, it may be ehough for you.

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 506
*be
*lose
*enough
...damn thats sad, lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
i would but the speakers are rated at 90watts rms cause they are the infinity kappa's and my headunit says it puts out 50x4 even though from what ive learned on here its only like 30 or something so i dont want to pay like 150 bucks just for another 20 watts i really want to hear how they sound with around 100... another amp i found by orion, the 3002 model, says it puts out 75watts x2 at 4ohm do you think that would be close enough to sound great?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 609
It probably would be enough, but I would look for an amp that puts out 100Wx2 @ 4 ohms, so I had some extra headroom.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
yea i think im just gonna skip out on the amp for the speakers and just get 2 alpine type r subs and an orion 1200d amp hows that sound? or will they over power my speakers so i can't hear them clearly?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us