Would this work?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 704
I have a mitsubishi lancer and kinda wanting to upgrade my alternator. Due to a 300$ minimum cost that nathan at excessiveamperage told be about because it is a mitsubishi I am looking at other alternatives. I have heard of people "strapping" a couple alts together. I can pick up another 80amp stock 2002 Lancer alternator for about $40 and get it installed. Would that work?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4021
You ralize they're gonna have to fabricate new brackets for the second alternator, and that'll probably cost you more than $300 in labor. Newer cars today have everything jammed into such a small engine compartment, that there's not much room left for a second alt.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2116
What i heard some innovative ppl do was that they removed the A/C compressor & fitted another alt - i can't do without my a/c so i will never do that .

Heard too from another guy that Evolution & other Jap sports cars come with a 120 or 130 A alt & they get it from the used parts dealer reasonable - so look into that too as a cheap alternative ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
Honestly, I have a big area right above my current alternator where there isn't anything. If it can fit there would the labor be that bad?

Silver Member

Post Number: 706
Something like this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALTERNATOR-LANCER-2002-2003-60834_W0QQitemZ801100 2244QQcategoryZ33573QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And how much do you think it would be to have that installed?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4022
If you do decide to go this route, then I'd suggest getting a second battery for your system, and dedicating the second alternator to your system.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 205
either way looks like its going to cost you some money. i think best way is get the alternator from Nate. at least its a sure thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us