Rockford HX2 vs. jl w7

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 26
Although that i know the jlw7 should sounds better just because of the cost and everything, but i have a rockford hx2 which is rated at 1000rms and i got it for $200, thats about $400 saving from a w7...so what do you guys think this speaker is compared to the w7 on an spl scale?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 255
is it a power hx2 the older model and if so what size subs are we comparing in both models.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 191
if your compairing the 12's! the only good comparision i would do is use a JL 1000/1 and push a single 12w7 in a ported box made for it.....and i would then have a ported box made for the HX2. with both getting 1000 watts of clean power it might be pretty close but it also depends on the model HX2. some of those old fosgates where damn good at getting loud. a lot of people put the W7 in the SQL class very easy as it is a damn good sounding speaker....just costs a lot compaired to others.....But they GET LOUD! i think a guy named Seth on here that drives a 99 Firebird can tell you that.....the 12w7 is loud but the 13.5 is a Beast! i have seen a 13.5 W7 with a 1000/1 on each coil and it beat like you wouldn't believe a single sub could!

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 27
it is a power hx2...i think they came out in like 2001/2002....i have a 12 so that woudl be teh comparison to about the jl whatever size they make theirs...my buddie has a w7 and i think i will compare...i don't quite have a jl 1000/1...i got the orion 1200d though...so they'll be gettin about 1000 rms although the orion is set for 1200 rms at one ohm

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 193
i don't know about the 2000 and up models......kinda lost interest in them after 99. might get about as loud but won't sound as clear!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us