Not in the speaker forum since it's down but...HELP! Hehe...

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 620
Ok, Xmas is just around the corner, and I need a few questions answered before I jump into any hasty purchases. First, will a good set of components get louder and sound better than my current setup of 4 5x7 Volfenhags? Second, I'm going to list a few links to component speaker sets in my price range, and could someone pick for me, the best of them?

Cerwin Vega 5.25"
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1120&C FID=209579&CFTOKEN=192953eac2816077-4EAD8CBD-8A11-AAA6-824A31C36AEA05B0

Diamond Audio 5.25"
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2712&C FID=209579&CFTOKEN=192953eac2816077-4EAD8CBD-8A11-AAA6-824A31C36AEA05B0

Infinity 5.25"
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2934&C FID=209579&CFTOKEN=192953eac2816077-4EAD8CBD-8A11-AAA6-824A31C36AEA05B0

JBL 5.25"
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3142&C FID=209579&CFTOKEN=192953eac2816077-4EAD8CBD-8A11-AAA6-824A31C36AEA05B0

JL Audio 5.25"
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1184&C FID=209579&CFTOKEN=192953eac2816077-4EAD8CBD-8A11-AAA6-824A31C36AEA05B0

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1985
In terms of pedigree - IMO i'd personally rank em like this

JL
Inf/Diamond
JBL
CV - reason is they know more for their subs not comps

u could match the 4 companies above with their respective amps .

Oh & btw ebay or google those for better prices too ........

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1986
"reason is they know more for their subs not comps" - typo should be ....reason is that they are known more for their subs not their comps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 621
Yes, I planned on Ebaying those products hehe.

poor tyler
Unregistered guest
what youre gettig components instead of subs? i would of got rid of those sh!tty volfags or what ever their called and ask forsome better subss...........

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 871
even though i like JL better, the infinity's will sound the best

Silver Member

Post Number: 622
Well...It's sort of my Mom who is the problem...she said that instead of getting rid of the big thing (the subs) try replacing something smaller (like the speakers). It's still HER car, until I get my license in Dec., so...hehehe. I can deal with the subs for longer, but I'd like some better mids and highs to be honest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
Here's where the trouble comes in.

Polk 5.25"
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8Kaip98isIp/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=410&I=107DB5250

I've always liked Polk's sound better, as it sounds more natural, where Infinity sounds more forced, what do you guys think?

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 877
it really depends on what type of music u listen to, and what u want.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1988
idk , i always thought Polk was more famous for home than car audio - but i'm getting my 2 pairs of 6010 6.5 Inf Ref in about 2wks time .

Have u also looked @ MB Quart & Image Dynamics ? - unless they are out of your price range .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and rap when the occasion fits. Jazz/Funk like Lou Bega and Maroon 5 are common listens as well. So what do you guys think would fit my needs? I listen to ALL types of music (except country), but a lot of rock/metal for the most part. They don't need to be insanely bassy (as I know they won't being 5.25" midwoofers), but I want the clear crisp mids/highs, without sounding "tinny".

Silver Member

Post Number: 625
MB Quart isn't so much, but ID is WAY out of my range hehehe.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 880
I would definitly take the Kappa's, and also u might be able to find some Perfect's on ebay for that price

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1991
your 3 best bets would be MB , Perfects like CB said & JL

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 82
Be carefull of MB Quart, went out of business then bought over. Big shops here have done away from line, warranty issues and supply

Silver Member

Post Number: 626
I see...Hrmm, do the perfects sound at all like Infinity's coaxial line? I've heard those, and wasn't too impressed, as they just seemed like "screamers". Those JL's look nice too, and I'll check out some MB stuff.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 920
I have never heard of there coaxial line. Reference, Kappa, Perfect

Silver Member

Post Number: 627
Basically, I want sound good enough to replicate what I can get in my room. Which is crisp highs, smooth mids, and the low lows. Just the overall good sound.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2025
head off to any good caraudio showroom & see/hear what they got to give u an idea ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
Hehe, I would, but to my knowledge, there aren't any around here, within a decent distance...You might find this crazy sounding, but I almost want a speaker with the highs of my Pioneer bookshelf speakers, and the lows of my Sony bookshelf speakers hehe. I know, Pioneer/Sony, bad things to look for, but compared to their car series, the home stuff is godly when you put the two together.

Not boomy (surprising for Sony/Pioneer), and actually sound relatively clean. In fact, if I could take the components out of those speakers and put them in my car, I probably would, as they sound better than most of Infinity's and Polk's home lines.

Oh well, I guess I'm hard to please. Maybe, I'll go with Cerwin Vega, since I like their home stuff a lot...they have new components, as those are their old ones...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us