High current amp

Anonymous

well thanks to you guys im selling my audiobahn subs and buying some better ones. lol I had one question though, i know everybody hates audiobahn but i bought the 1500hct amp for 200 bucks. i see it on the internet retailing anywhere from 500-900 dollars, the only thing i have heard bad about them is that they need a lot of power. Could i still have a pretty respectable setup with this amp and maybe two eclipse subs? It says it puts out 2000 rms, do you guys think its overated? thanks for the input

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 758
good amp, im not sure about 2000 but def 1800+

Anonymous

also i know its 1 ohm stable but can i run it safely at 1/2 ohm for 4000 watts rms?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 772
you might burn off the vc on your sub

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4920
Do not run the amp at 1/2ohms. You will blow it.
Unlike human body that gets stronger, electronic components die instantly when pushed past it's limit and will not recover.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 27
The A1500HCT is a great amp ...Audiobahn subs are questionable but i would say that the A1500HCT amp will put out atleast 1900rms at 1 ohm an after losses (which are always present ) i would say youre in the 1850rms Ball park in the end

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 29
Hold up it might even put out 1950rms because ive had the a2300hct amp tested an it put out 2300rms at 1 ohm mono which is 100rms lower then what it claims to be capable of but since the A1500HCT is a class D amp it might even be less off then what it claims

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 30
BTW, what Audiobahn Subs did you have ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us