Need suggestions on amp

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 130
i need suggestions on an amp that will put out 1000wrms at 2ohms or 2000wrms at 1ohm. which ever is fine. i am looking for an amp that will give good power to the 12 inch alpine type x.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2019
u have 2 Xs - right ?

that will be expensive - why not go with your original idea & get another KX1200.1

afraid u might blow those subs ?

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 131
how am i going to connect them? if i strap the two they are 2ohm stable. if i decide to connect each amp to each sub, i can only get 2ohm from each sub to the amps. the subs are dvc 4ohm. there is no way i can connect two subs to make 2 ohm. paralle connection would give me 1ohm and series-parallel would make it 4 ohm. each sub in parallel connection would give me 2ohms each.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 132
kx1200.1 specs are
300wrms at 4ohms
600wrms at 2ohms
1200wrms at 1ohm

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2020
yea i just realised that Xs come only in 4ohms dvc - man u really got yourself in a hole -lol .

whats the birthsheet say on your amp ? - some of the guys posted b4 that theirs actually put out about a 100 & more wrms than actual rating .

i'd say run them temp using that amp .

2 amps or a single powerful 1 would costs around $600/700 & up !

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 133
i think the birthsheet was something like 1430. i didn't buy a b stock. you know what though, the guy who sold me the audiobahns didn't know anything or he just wanted to sell me two subs. the audiobahns i have are 2ohms dvc and 1500wrms. the guy at the stereo place also connected them in parallel. that gave me .5ohms. after reading many posts on this forum i learned about how to connect the subs. so at first i did series-parallel giving me 2ohms from the two subs. well that only gave me 600wrms from my amp. so now i made my own slot ported box which is 2.2 cuft and tuned it 30hz for one sub. one sub hits way harder than when i had two. it actually sounds pretty decent.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 134
so i think i kinda rushed in to buying the type Xs. i realize now that it would have perfect if i just bought one re 15in re sx. i think the 15inch resx is 2ohm dvc and 1000wrms. i'm sure it can handle alot more than that though. too bad i didn't see it when MO was selling his. that one sub would have been perfect.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2029
if its 1430 then that'll be 715 wrms - not too bad/far from 1000wrms . Nothing's wrong with it being underpowered a little bit & u don't have to match the numbers perfectly .

If were me i'd used that Kicker & if u find the subs still have potential to go louder then upgrade your amp .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us