Remove Head Unit PLEASE!!

Username: Jeffg

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Forgive me if this has been asked before (I tried to scan for it)..I do not know the model of CD player in my Car, but it is a Kenwood (aftermarket). The Car is an 88 Accord. I want to remove it so I can see whether I can attach an MP3 player to it directly (Im assuming I need to see if it takes RCA or something). IF someone could help me with instructions on how to remove it that would be GREAT. I tried install.dr but it doesnt have how to remove after market stuff. THANKS A LOT

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2058
First of all, what model is the head unit? You could save some time by simply knowing if it did not accept auxiliary sources.

To take it out, you're going to have to remove the trim ring around the faceplate, then wedge in two flat head screwdrivers (one on either side) and pull it out. If there seems to be a significant amount of resistance, you'll have to remove the plastic dash panel around the headunit (this can be difficult for some vehicles-it could involve the whole dashboard and/or the A/C controls). Once you do that, there are usually bolted or screwed down plates on either side of the head unit. Unscrew them and you should be able to pull the unit right out.

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot,
I found the model of the head unit, its KDC S3009
Im googling it to find out if it takes aux. and will see how that goes

Post Number: 3
hm no luck finding out if it does- google is not pulling anything up for that model of use. Anyone have any suggested sites?
jeff

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2060
I highly doubt it has an aux-in function...

Post Number: 4
shoot,
ok- any tips then for connecting an ipod to it for a reasonable ammount of $? or am i just out of luck. I just hear that the FM transmitters are not that good yet
thanks again

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2062
Actually, I've been amazed at the sound and range of some of the iPod FM transmitters. The iPod has really pushed the manufacturers to make them better...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us