Replaceing rca Inputs on an amp


New member
Username: Joelacer

Post Number: 1
Registered: Oct-05
Hi there,

I'm relatively new to car audio but I know most of the basics (or so I think.) anyway, I bought a Bazooka EL5001 mono amp and one of the rca inputs is broken. But since its a mono amp, do I need both the right and left inputs, or will just one work? Also, if I do need to replace it, where's a good place to buy a replacement rca input, and how hard/easy would it be to replace? I can do some basic soldering if needed. Thanks everyone for your help.


Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 462
Registered: Feb-05
if i remember right, you do need both L and R because a class D mono amp combines the L and R signals. don't think it will reproduce accurately without the L signals. also i'd think it would affect the pre amp voltage the amp will receive. as fas as where to get replacement ends, i'd look at radio shack or if there are any sites online that sell audio connections or amp repair sites. don't know how you'd put the end back on though

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 472
Registered: Sep-05
Your gunna have to open the amp up and see exactly how its connected in there. Then you can shop around and find a similar style connecter.

Digikey, Jameco Electronics and Radioshack should all have the part your looking for.

Silver Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 118
Registered: Oct-05
Don't forget PartsExpress, they have tons of connectors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us