Boss RT2500D

Username: Ajm

Post Number: 5
Im on a very tight budget of around $225 and managed to find this amp (boss rt2500d) for $165. I need to push 2 10" L7's and noticed that this amp is CLAIMED to have enough power which leads to my next question(s). Is this amp somewhat decent and worth the money or would I be better off with a Hifonics BX1205D or MAYBE a BX1605D. If the case is that this amp is decent and worth it would the L7's be able to widthstand the extra power being that I only need 1200w rms and the amp puts out 1500w rms? I heard they can take a beating but would an extra 150w rms each be enough to burn them up.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1389
i very well doubt that boss amp will even produce 600wrms...

on your budget, the bx1605d wouldnt be a bad amp.
also, look on ebay for a jbl bp1200.1 (they usually sell for ~$225 on there...and it is a pretty good amp, i use one...it will produce 1200wrms+, the only downfall is that is doesnt have a subsonic filter, so if you are gonna use a ported box you will have to buy a FMOD to use as a subsonic filter)

also, there are some orion 1200d's for sell on the carsound.com message board...its a nice amp and has a subsonic filter...they are going for $275 shipped, thats GREAT price for this amp.

Username: Ajm

Post Number: 6
I just found out today that I can wire the 2 subs down to 1 ohm (is that correct?) If so I think I am going to get the Hifonics BX1205D. Does this amp have the filtering needed for a ported box?

IOWA HAWKEYES
Unregistered guest
JBL and MTX would be your best bets on a budget amp thats decent, you can get some steals if they're used but if you want NEW amps you'll be right around the hifonics brutus amps as far as money goes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us