Subwoofer Repair On Dumpster Subs

Username: Bumpnthump05

Lena, IL US

Post Number: 1
Wanting to know some tips on repairing subwoofers that the surround has been completely cut on i live near the factory of the mighty company MTX and the dumpster is my friend they throw away subs that have scratches on them but cut surrounds and most of them are rubber i was wondering what the best way is to mend the rubber back together i right now use superglue to hold it then i silicone it after that with clear or black silicone and is there a better way to do this so nothing is showing on the front? I was thinking hot glue maybe too... ALOT of help would be truely appreciated selling subs too let me know if interested..

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 303
Well apparently you live in Monroe or some where near there. I live in Beloit, and I also worked at MTX.
I strongly suggest you dont try to use or take those woofers, here are some very good reasons...

#1 The subs thrown in the recycle bin are not there because of simple cosmetic flaws, on the contrary thier most likely in there because they failed testing. Some other likely reasons are bad magnets, bad voice coils, uneven top and bottom plates/yokes, poor solder joints between the tinsels, even voice coils that directly short under high power.
By trying to use these woofers you can damage your amplifier.

#2 I know of 4 people who have been arrested for taking woofers out of the dumpster there.
You see, first of all it is trespassing, and believe me MTX has given permission to the police to press charges against any persons trespassing, in addition to that, yeah, it gets worse, criminal charges will be brought against anyone who takes property from the "recycling" bins. You see the recycler pays MTX for thier scrap metal, so when you take scrap from thier bins, your stealing.

So save yourself all the trouble, its not worth getting in trouble over some subs that've already been thrown anyways. Leave them where they belong, the garbage, (recycle bin)
:-)

Username: Bumpnthump05

US

Post Number: 3
You do got a point well anyhow i dont do it myself i have some of my dumb friends do it in monroe they arent all up there so i can say i dont need anything to deal with this so it will stop i didnt know that i could get in trouble for it. sorry....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us