Stuff to make my system better/louder

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 577
Ok, so Pioneer Premier 470 HU, soon to be 2 Alpine components in the front and 2 pioneer 3 ways in the back, Kicker KX450.2 for the subs and 2 12" RE's sealed. It is a prefab sealed box that is about 1.25 cubic feet sealed. I also have edead in the trunk

What could I do to the system (besides amplifier the speakers and "upgrading" stuff) to make the most out of the system?

-Would an audio equalizer help and what is its primary function and can you hear a sound difference?
-Would a non-prefab sealed box improve sub SQ (although the subs have awesome SQ but just seeing what I can do)
Any other small things like that? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 27
Well, the prefab box probably isnt overly sturdy. IT might be flexing a little. If you want louder, try a ported box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
Thought about that, but ported I lose a little SQ and punchiness and I don't NEED the subs any louder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 579
And even though the box is prefab it was built by a local audio shop where I live and looks like it is built pretty good, doesn't flex etc.

Bronze Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 28
haha yea...

Bronze Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 31
oh ok.. I was picturing the QLogic prefab :-)

Is there something in particular you're not satisfied with?

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
um no, not really. I do need to mount everything and get some stuff with my subs straightened out (air leak). I currently have 4 pioneer 3 ways but for xmas I am going to switch out the 2 up front for Alpine Type R components. And I still don't know what EXACTLY an equalizer will do and what it would do for my system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us