MTX the same as Kicker?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 221
My friend read in a mag that the MTX thunder was comparable to Kicker and was better whats your opinion on this?..not sure if mag is old or what not but whatever

I think its garbage as Ive never heard a nice MTX sub

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 484
Kicker subs, amps, and components are better

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 485
MTX subs are almost comparable to audiobum now,

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 225
Yeah I thought MTX were garbage as well heard some in Future shop......I can get better bass sound by hitting my bathtub....

Silver Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 138
what about there amps?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 212
Mtx isn't exactly garbage they're just not as goo they think they are. The top of the line 9500 series subs are pretty decent they're just not better than the w7 like they claim. the sound quality of Mtx is better than any kicker sub. the L7 might get louder but they definately will not sound better than MTX.

Honda, I have always heard good things about their amps. there is better out ther but they're decent amps.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 176
last years 1501D amp was pretty damn good for the cost of it....and it was pushing a lot of power steady. i don't know about this years amps but hell they should still be pretty good!!

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 73
yeah theyre thunder amps are excellent better than hifonics Now the new mtx amps i dont know they look all big and kinda crappy Does anybody know if they got bought out like most of the companyes now.

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 64
no they havent and their new amps are improved on old ones...also...adresssing the garbage comment on their subs...they really arnt garbage at all infact id run a 9500 agenst a lz of same size ne day everyone today however is sooo oooooo enthroled by name brands that people say are loud and form opinions around those rumors when they are just in fact rumors....i happen to personaly own 2 w7's 12's.....2 10" 9500's 2 12" 7500's, and 1 RE 15" SX and i wont lie the re is loudest by far but the mtxes sound the best and compared to jl they are alot better oever all....

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 65
no they havent and their new amps are improved on old ones...also...adresssing the garbage comment on their subs...they really arnt garbage at all infact id run a 9500 agenst a l7 of same size ne day everyone today however is sooo oooooo enthroled by name brands that people say are loud and form opinions around those rumors when they are just in fact rumors....i happen to personaly own 2 w7's 12's.....2 10" 9500's 2 12" 7500's, and 1 RE 15" SX and i wont lie the re is loudest by far but the mtxes sound the best and compared to jl they are alot better oever all....

Bronze Member
Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 53
Personally I have used both Kicker and MTX and I think they are both pretty good! I would personally lean more toward an amp from MTX...just cause I really like Xtant (MTX's supreme brand) and Kicker for subs (A.K.A. Stillwater Designs). But both are pretty good.

As far as MTX Amps are concerned I currently own 3 of the older Thunder series amps and I would think the newer models are even better yet. They include Xtant's fan cooling system which is a big improvement alone. Mine are not fan cooled and have NEVER shut down on me. Although I can't say I would think they are as good as JL Audio I would say they are quite good...but then again how much do you want to pay? The bottom line is if you are happy with what you got who gives a rip what any one else thinks...

Bronze Member
Username: Yada

Post Number: 40
I like kicker more but have a few of both. For the price (ebay wise) you can grab some really nice amps from kicker. The Kx350 650 850 are all quality decent amps. For the price range of kicker comparing to some of the higher end stuffs JL, Zapco etc.. I have heard most and I don't think I notice much of a diff between them. Maybe it's like comparing a Neon to a Porsche, they both get you to where you need to be. I think it's just hypes and asthetic values. Nothing more, nothing less. Go with what your ears tell ya and designing the right sound stage that goes well with your car is more important than having the best brand on the block.

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 177
in all reality i use an oldschool MTX 4 channel amp....it's a Road Thunder series....i used it once just to see if it would do it on my W7.....it actually worked pretty decent....and that was a 4 channel amp with the rears briged an my fronts hooked up to it at the same time...the damn thing is a work horse. and all the guys at the car shows ask me how old it is and i can't remember....i think it's 9 years old but i can't remember. some of the old MTX stuff is damn near bullit proof on design!

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 353
I love how everyone on these forums has a few W7's sittin around, a pair of L7's, a trio of 9500's, every design of RE Sub, three zapco amps, two ferrari's, and a lamborghini sitting in their closet collecting dust.. :-)

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 178
nah i only have one sub......but unfortunatly i had an amp blow up on me and while it was sent off for warrenty....i needed something to power it....bridged the rear channels and it got me by....wasn't that loud but it worked!

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 323
mtx comparable to audioburn? wow dont open your mouth anymore your embarassing yourself...i own an mtx sub(9500) and mtx amp(thunder 942) and although i do recognize that their not the best out their their better than most crap....all of you who knock the 9500 have never heard one...yea it doesnt sound as good as a W7 but its not bad at all and name one Kicker sub thats better than the 9500...o wait you cant because their subs lack SQ other than the old round Solo Xs...as for the amps the kicker amps are superior but that doesnt mean that the mtx amps are crap fro the price their quite worth it

Im tired of all these nubs in all these forums talking about sh!t theyve never heard and just going on word of mouth thats why I dotn even bother with this bullsh!t anymore

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 298
wow, evryone who compared mtx to garbage has been misinformed, or thier just ingnorant.

Surprising nobody mentioned MTX and KICKER ARE OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY, Mitek, der.

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
damn myself along with probably everyone that posted in this thread did not know that that was very informative zac.......

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 299
actually i might be the idiot, maybe its coustic im thinking about mitek ownin, either way, quitshot and a few others, couldnt agree more, the constant raggin on brands is redundant and without good reason, gets so annoying

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
lmao zack...idk cause i know that MTX,Xtant,Coustic and streetwirez is owned by the same company not too sure bout kicker though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Yeah i wouldnt call mtx garbage i have owned a few of their thunder amps and i have a 942 2 channel and i am very happy ho they perform. The new mts amps look kina big it looks like thier going for looks but i will probably end up getting one to test it out. Yeah i dont see why people hate on the 9500 i heard one in a suv at a shop by my house and was very pleased at how it sounded that sucker was POUNDING lol And it was in a sealed box i could imagine how loud it would ported. People that hate on it havent heard one in person they just go by what some idiot told them.

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 228
It's not that I hate or anything I heard the MTX thunders at Future Shop and the Sony sub sounded better IMO. It just sounded BAD, my friend wants killer bass and he read that the MTX were better than Kicker...and IMO they arn't so I was just getting feedback on this

And whats so bad about not liking a comapny? If everyone loved EVERY comapany there would be no brands that stood out as being better and there would be NO competition in trying to make better models.
Just because you support a company doesnt mean everyone else should. If someone likes the sound that Sony has over Alpine I DONT CARE, its all preferance basically, I have my likes and dislikes and MTX is a dislike to me. FUTURE shop sells them, they sold out just like sony has and rockford. You dont see alpine there now do you.
So these are all MY opinons and I expect EVERYONE to follow them and agree with me cause we dont know sh!t do we Quick Shot? ITS all preferance we ALL have different tastes so LIVE WITH it.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2524
i don't really care for MTX either.
i don't see the need to bash other companies to make yourself look better. imo, your products should speak for themselves.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Yeah mike i dont see the point in this just if you like it fine i dont try to pressure people in to buying stuff they dont like other people might like it but if you dont kool. Everybody likes different companys. Its like picking out a girlfriend you have to go with the one you like best:-) Other people might think shes ugly but you think shes cute.lol if this dint make sense sorry i need to stop smokingUpload lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us