COMP VR's or Type R's

Bronze Member
Username: Thugginpali96

Post Number: 11
Which are better? 2 12 inch Comp VR's or 2 Alpine Type R's Dual 2 or 4 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 533
type-R

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 110
Type R's easily.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 554
well imo its a toss up, the cvr will have better spl, but a lot of ppl consider the type r to have better sq but i would say its pretty even. both are good subs and they should satasify your needs unlees your used to hearing a xxx, or avalanch everyday.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Ok well what the hell is spl and sq??? I'm new to this sh!t lol. And what's better, ported, bandpass, or sealed box??

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 541
SPL= Sound Pressure Level (How Loud)
SQ= Sound Quality (How good it sounds

Never do bandpass, SPL=Ported, SQ=Sealed

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 108
you will probably want to do ported for both the type Rs and the compvrs, depending on what you get.

I like the type R 12s alot, they sound pretty clean and hit hard with the correct box and amp.

ive also heard cars with comp vrs that sound good but ive also heard them that sound horrible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Damn i have sealed box and man do these subs hit and the quality is great. i dont wanna lose the quality. i'm talking about the type r's. i mean is it a big big difference on how loud they with the ported box and a big diffference on the SQ with the ported box? I have these subs wired to half an ohm so they're hitting. also anyone know why these subs are 1500 watts max, but a 500 watt rms??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us