I need Speaker Help...

Username: Bufinjer

Buffalo, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I had my stereo stolen, and ended up replacing it with a Jensen 4x40 watt in-dash CD unit. I have an alpine amp that is 2x100w RMS. I have had alot of problems with blowing speakers in the front ever since the stereo was installed by Circuit City with my old unit an Alpine which was 35x4 watts. I had originally installed JBL component speakers in the front the specs were 4ohms, 5-110watt rms, 90db. When they blew they were replaced by infinity 2-way 135watt speakers (I don't know the full specs). They worked fine with the new radio and amp for awhile, then just recently the right speaker blew. I bought these cheap (I know I shouldn't have gone cheap) speakers, Legacy LS552MC, 90db, 240watt 4ohm 2-way speakers (thinking the higher wattage would be better), and with the current setup I get a really muffled & slapping sound from the bass with the volumn up. I am considering buying new speakers but I'm not sure what to get. Should I go back to the original component setup and replace the midbass speaker (the tweeter is still installed) or should I keep the 2-way that was working with the infinity. Then what is the best speaker specs and brand to get?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Username: Bufinjer

Buffalo, NY USA

Post Number: 2
Oh yea, more info too, it's a 1996 Jeep Cherokee, and it takes 5 1/4" speakers in the front
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us