Amp gauge kit size?

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 203
What size amp gauge kit should i run with a Audiobahn A8002T amp. It is pushing 2 12" fusion powerplants in S10. SOmeone told me 8 then someone told me 4! Which one! And how much power does that amp really put out? Will I be ok with the stock alt and battery? Will I need to modify that at all?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 295
From what i kno this is an 800watt max amp.

So 4gauge atleast and 8 gauge will do you fine. Id go with 8 gauge now because if you upgrade your amp later maybe becaue Audiobahn other then having the fan isnt ALL that great but a nice amp at that. If yout going to might aswell go with 8 but a 4 will do you fine just depends if your going to upgrade your amp any time soon.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1377
Its veddy simple check your amps wattage,amperage & distance from your battery & use this guide

http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 322
CarAudio... You're talking like 8 gauge is bigger than 4 gauge...

Go with 4 guage, all around better choice. Always better to have bigger wire than needed, than not enough. It'll just cut down on the resistance, which is a good thing. And besides, I'm pretty sure this amp asks for 4 gauge, am I wrong?

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 308
yea you should use 4gauge......LMAO 4 gauge is bigger than 8 gauge the lower the number you go the thicker the wire is dur du dur
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us