HELP...Head unit when used in CD Function turns off the AMP???? HELP !!

Username: Gallop

Fredericton , New Brunswick Canada

Post Number: 8
Ok I got a buddies amp all hooked up in his truck with a new head unit... amp... crossovers... tweeters... and a set of 6.5's in the front doors..

The problem is that when the Tuner is on the amp turns on and works great... powers the front door speakers and the rear factory speakers run off the deck... BUT WHEN... u switch the head unit over to the CD function the amp shuts off and only the rear speakers work...and the door speakers of course shut off.

Why whould this be going on? The amp turning off when the CD function is used...

We messed around with the zone 2 function on the deck and switched the RCA cables around... but still the same stuff is going on...
Would this be a bad head unit ???

Thanks for any help....

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1979
The remote turn on for the amp is hooked up to the antenna turn on (solid blue). Hook up the remote turn on from the amp to the remote turn-on from the headunit (blue w/white stripe).

Bronze Member
Username: Gallop

Fredericton , New Brunswick Canada

Post Number: 12
right on man... I just got back from the gym with him and I was telling him that I might have hooked it to the wrong blue wire.... I'm almost 100% sure thats the prob now!!! Wicked... I will get that fixed for him tomamarrow....

I do not think I have seen a deck with two blue wires in the back... but then again.. I just might have hooked the right wire each time that I hook the head unit up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us