My system sounds terrible now

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 521
I don't know what is going on with it. The surround from the RE12's where it is glued on is coming off so I will probably send both back and get a new pair since they are under warranty. They sound like a giant air fan now so the SQ is shitty. Also, the Kicker 450.2 is not louder than my Alpine MRP-350 (450rmsX1 vs. 200rmsX1 at 4 ohms). That is wrong... This might be due to the massive air leaking? The more air the driver displaces the more is shoved out of the box. Someone suggested my voltage could be the problem it wasn't getting any louder but I have a constant 13+ volts no matter what level I have my system at. I am 99% sure it is wired so that the amp has a 4 ohm load on it. I am going to take it to a shop tomorrow to get their opinion. I am clueless.

Bronze Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 71
if your subs are falling apart it wont sound good at all. giving a fallen-apart sub more watts will just make it vibrate more and sound crappier. u should stop useing it or u could blow it up and maybe void ur warrenty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Ya, tonight I was bumpin to the bass being pushed outta of my tizight 6.5" pioneers, yo dude, we was thumpin out with my home boys.

Sorry lol, but ya, I am 95% sure I am packaging them up to be sent out tomorrow right after school.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3107
Lol hahaha.
Get a new pair, and have someone check to make sure its wired right.
How long have you had them, and did they sound better befor now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
I have had them for a month and a half now or so. They did alright with the Alpine only putting 100rms to each of them... Never had any major problems. When I opened the trunk it leaked air pretty bad still even with the Alpine except it wasn't noticable or THAT noticable in the cabin. Now it is REALLY noticable though possibly because I am putting a ton more power to it. Anyhow, I am stoppin by the audio shop tomorrow and seeing their opinion on stuff and then packaging the 2 subs up to send back.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3110
That could be most of you're problem.
Try to seal everything as best as possable. The more air that leaks out, the worse it will sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us