Serious question...

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 408
Ok, everyone pretty much hates Volfenhag, I see that. But really, everyone hates Sony as well.

I've looked closely at Sony's better XPLOD subs and Volfenhags subs. Though they are both claimed to be garbage, why is it that the Volfenhag has a much sturdier build overall. If you really compare the two, you can see this. What is it in the Volfenhags that make them garbagy. I can see it in the Sony's, just not the Volfenhags.

They don't go chrome happy like Audiobahn, they aren't odd shaped, they aren't really flashy. They're pretty simple looking. Just curious, that's all.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2130
it's the RED, it reminds everybody of Sony.:-) LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Corey

Post Number: 22
German engineering, or maybe sony is more concerned with money than quality.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2138
What's Up IceMan!?

how ya been. you haven't been on in quite a while.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I know, I've been in school they past few months. I h8 school.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2143
yeah, it can get rather taxing after a while.
other than that, good to be reading your all knowing blue letters.:-O lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
IceMan, I don't quite follow what you're saying there...

duMy
Unregistered guest
Volfenhag are German garbage.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Ok, its like this, sony uses corporate marketing practices, aka hype, to sell their products. They use the cheapest materials possible to produce inferior crap, and use shows like PMR to sell it to unknowing people. While Volfenhag, i believe, is a few steps up from sony because their materials are better.They have to be because they are not as big as a company as sony so they have to do something to not give themselves a bad rep. And anon, we are comparing Volfenhag to sony.

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
And Anon again, Volfenhags really aren't German, they're from the same company as Performance Tecknique, which is owned by DHD Audio. SO, whatever DHD is, Volfenhag/PT are.

Ice, I had a feeling that Volfenhag did use better materials, just by handling both subs that did seem evident. Do you think if they become more popular, they'll make a better product, or become like Sony?

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
"They have to be because they are not as big as a company as sony so they have to do something to not give themselves a bad rep." - Well it seems a bit too late for that as well, since everyone on here bashes them...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3858
"German engineering"

"Volfenhag are German garbage......."

You guys know that Rainbow speakers are made in Germany, right?

Being German doesn't make Volfenhags junk.

They aren't necessarily junk compared to Sony, but they're still pretty low. I don't know about the return history or pruduct failures, but I can say they are cheap beyond 'just a good deal', and I've heard them before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I am very well aware that rainbows are made in Germany, and I didn't call German products garbage, I was stating the exact opposite.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 182
also for some reason i see alot of volfenhag subs at pawn shops. pawn shops don't usually have the good name brand subs. so i would imagine just about all subs you buy from a pawn shop would be crap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us