Saw something funny yesterday...

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 401
So I'm getting off the school bus (I don't drive just yet) and I see some kids from my school pull up at the red light in a nice red Camaro.

I hear a little bass. I turn around, and they're all nodding their heads at the same time to the beat, and in the back, is an invertedly mountedy 10" one of these: http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1875

I had to hold back my laughs...I mean it was ONE 10" Audiobahn flamer series...It killed me. They were sitting there like they had some amazing sound system with crazy bass.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3065
Maybe they were just injoying the song, and didn't relise the bass was traviling that far.:-)
I'm sure it sounds like I'm trying to show off when I'm listening to my system, but I'm just listening to it at normal listening levels.
I actually get chewed out all the time by my mom for listening to the radio.
"Turn It Down!" Thats what she says all the time, and guess what I tell her every time?
"It's not up!":-)
Thats just a down side of bass.

Now some people do try to show off, and I'd wish they're sub would blow while doing it, or a cop would bust them infrunt of everyone.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
Taylor, I need to meet you because I get the same lecture from my mom. "THE BASS IS HURTING MY EARS!" So I get stuck turning the SW level on the HU to like -15! And in truth the volume is only at like 15 or so.

What I really found funny about that situation was the fact that it was a crappy 10" Audiobahn. Had it been a good brand, I would have thought, well dang, they get the right to do that.

Even me with my Volfenhags, I don't do that...Although I get more rights to IMO than they do!

I don't think it was that the bass was so loud either, as it was hardly audible, I just have sensitive ears. I really just like my bass for showing off at sometimes, but generally I like that "full" rich sound you get from subs.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3852
They like the song, so what? You can't honestly say they have no right to nod their heads with the song just because their subs suck... It's music, people enjoy it. No offense but I find it a little odd that your bashing these guys so much while your running Volfenhags.

Now if you knew them and they were running their mouths and bragging about their system, then it's a different story.

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
They're the kind that WOULD run their mouths if they had the opportunity. Not to mention, the kid who owns the car is 16, and his parents went out and bought him that Camaro. I think it's BS a 16 yr. old getting a Camaro. My Aunt has a near mint condition 5.0L V8 Mustang Convertible she could give me, but does she? No. And I think it's wise she doesn't as it just brings jealousy of other kids who would then be tempted to destroy it.

I've had people scratch/dent my freaking Cougar out of jealousy! It's rediculous IMO. I just get sick of kids my age and younger running around with mommy and daddy's money showing off. And no offense to anyone, but they are the kind that think they are "black" as it is put today. I didn't no how else to put it, but that's the only way I've ever heard it called. And they did give me dirty looks like they thought they were so cool. So yea, it was just the same...UGH irratating. I'm the type who appreciates what he gets, and doesn't feel the need to run around showing the world what I have.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3071
Yeah, I listen to it at 13/20... and she comes outside...
"The whole house is shaking," so just to get under her skin, I turn my HU on bass, and turn my bass nob to my amp all the way up.
In treuth it isn't up, because when I do that, its only at about 3/5... then I get the real butt chewing.:-)
Have you noticed that everyone you hear bumping has Audiobahn?
I remember when my friend had 2 of the DUB series... sounded like a fist against the trunk... only magnified by about 50.:-)
He got made fun of for it.:-) HAHAHA

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Well I was showing my friend my Volfenhags once (he wanted to buy one to compliment his complete Sony system lol), and my mom came out saying stuff on the walls inside the house was vibrating...I found this to be very unlikely...Oh well.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3072
HEHEHE...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/719093
Its not technocly mine... my dads, but I basically call it mine:-) but you get the point.:-)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3073
I guess its just parent stuff, or maybe its just kid stuff.:-)
Not sure on that one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us