Continuation: To Glasswolf, Isaac, Jonathan and all the other Pro's

Unregistered guest
Alrighty this is a continuation to the thread: Installing two amps, cap and dis block. I am installing a new twelve so i decided to buy the sub its own amp. I am going to run 4awg from the battery to the dis block and then running 8awg to the cap and each of the amps. The headunit i own has three preamp outputs so i can run two different rcas to each amp. My only question really is that the kit i bought came with two blocks, one dis and one fused. I'm not sure why i have two. The fused one splits into two 8awg, but has three 4awg inputs. The regular dis block splits into four so in essence i would like to use that one but I know you always want it fused.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4645
97BuickSkylark, if you have a fuse near the battery, then it's not required at the dis block. It's always safer to have one, but not a must.
If your amps have pass-thru rca ports, then you can use that to go from one amp to the next. Some amps even have buffered output ports so that you won't lose any signal strength.
If you got 2 with your kit, then use one that best suites your situation.
Make sure the cap is as close to the amp as possible. In fact, you should wire the power cables to the cap and then to the amp.

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
Alrighty well i may not need that but thanks, my friend has offered to trade my his Legacy LA1080 for my two MTX 421D amps. Gonna take him up on that in a heart beat. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us