Whats going on

Anonymous

i just got 3 coustic subwoofers and connected them in paralel, but when i turn up my deck my subs go out or the whole thing just shuts off? whats going on?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3035
You're prob running you're amp at an ohmload its not stable at.
What amp are you using, and whats the voice coil configuration of the 3 subs?

Anonymous

im using 1500 arc audio and briged it. they are single 4 ohmn voice coil. i was thinking if i can just connect one sub to one channel and then combine the other 2 subs to the other channel. will that work? thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3935
you would be running one channel at 4ohms and one at 2. That amp is only 1 channel I believe. The reason it is going into protection is because with the woofers you are running it is a 1.34 ohm load and the amp is only 2ohm mono stable.

Anonymous

so how would i wire them up? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 32
This may work but let some of the other people here look at my diagram and decide...Upload

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 760
That does not look right.... I wouldn't try it.

Anonymous

can i just connect 1 sub to one channel and the remaning 2 subs connect them together and put them in the other channel? thanks

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 38
Hi again do you have the 1500-XXK? If you do then it is a stereo amp and is stable at 2ohms x 2 so you can wire them in the way you sugested. 1 channel will be at 4ohms while the other channel will be at 2ohms (if connected in parallel) The sound level will not be even between the three subs though, the 4ohm will be quieter than the other 2. Really to be honest I would highly recommend a 1ohm stable amp...Orion 1200D is a good example OR I would buy one more coustic sub and wire each channel at 2 ohms.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 39
I am wondering what this would result in ohms wise...Glasswolf or anyone who really knows their stuff...let me know.

Upload

Anonymous

it is a 1500dr ? thanks

Anonymous

well i got a lanzar 4channel 800watt amp sitting in my room do u guys think that would be better then the arc audio 2channel amp for these subs? just thote i would throw that out there.

Anonymous

plz help here. thanks

Anonymous

need help!!!

Anonymous

wheres glasswolf?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us