$200

Schyea
Unregistered guest
Whats the best HU in this price range? I know its not much, but thats all I have to work with at the moment.

Bronze Member
Username: Marines

Post Number: 43
Check bestbuy for good alpines and pioneerse for under $200 they are all about the same price like around 154-179 heres a link note on page one is alpine for 179 and the second page the pioneer for 179 do some comparrison on what you think would be the better deal as in features and stuff

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat52600050007&type=category&paren tCatID=false&initialize=false&initialize=true&_requestid=68779

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 28
I would also encourage that you look into alpine... they make good quality HUs in your price range... check Ebay... you might be able to get a better model for less if you catch the right auction... also look at eclipse to see if you can find one on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 234
only go to best buy to listen to the HU your looking at buying, dont buy it there. Ebay is going to be your source for new HUs for a very reasonable price.
Alpine and Premiers are going to be your best bet. Eclipse tends to be more expensive.

Schyea
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all the help guys, Ill be looking into some Alpines and Pioneers then.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
n/p man just trying to help out cuz i was in ur shoes once not knowing what the heck was what and getting overwhelmed and stuff, been there all of us have

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 178
pioneer premier from ebay. too many problems with the alpines.Pioneer DEH-P770MP is right about $200 with it's shipping on ebay. i have the deh-p8mp. great decks.........

Schyea
Unregistered guest
Alright Ive looked into that DEH-P770MP and looks great, and its in my price range. Probably going to buy it unless someone has something else to say?

ricky g
Unregistered guest
id also look at the Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP

Schyea
Unregistered guest
What about the Kenwood KDC-X689?

Schyea
Unregistered guest
Or even the KDC-X789?

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 181
in kenwood your just buying a name. they're products are not as good as alpine, pioneer, eclipse and a few others. the reason i suggested pioneer over alpine (who'm both build good quality products in your $200 budget range) is because alpine had a defect in they're models early this year. yes, being a really good company they re-called them and took care of the problem asap, but buying on ebay i personally wouldn't want to take the chance that you get one of the re-called models and have to pay shipping to and from again to get it resolved. it's just a risk factor. pioneers haven't had any reliability issues that i know of. i have the deh-m8pm. outstanding decks in the premier line.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
i know that the pioneers after about a year or two the buttons start to freeze
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us