SubSonic Filter setting for my amp to RE SX 15 ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2162
What should i set my subsonic filter for my crossfire vr1000d amp if im running a RE SX 15 in a ported enclosure tuned to 30hz ?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1207
prolly ~25hz

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2163
Thanks that is what i just went out and set it at before checking this and i already hear results. I had it set to off before and now its at about 25hz. What does it exactly do ?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1208
it cuts out the frequencies below the freq you set it to.

that way the sub doesnt get much power at the frequencies below the boxes tuning. (that way the sub go into over excursion.)

Mo...how is that sx15 treatin ya man?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2165
Marshall, i couldnt be happier. I mean it is one loud subwoofer that hits hard and clean. Im actually impressed with its SQ and its ability to keep up with the fast bass drum notes on rock and the bass on rap. SOunds good at all volumes too which i love. I havent had it distort yet and i have played it at loud volumes on my pioneer 860. As long as you have a good install and tune the amp and settings right you will really enjoy this sub for its SPL and SQ for a daily driver.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 253
MO, picture subsonic as like a HPF. It slopes like anything else in most cases. When you have a HPF, and a LPF on, it's called "bandpass filter" normally.

(A bandpass box normally dosnt 'need' a crossover, since the box itself only lets the subs play between a set range of frequencies.)

Seth

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2166
I see, thanks for the info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us