W7 vs TIs

TeeG
Unregistered guest
between two 12'' W7 or TI's which would have greater sq and higher slp if you were to run them off say a 1000/1...also would that be sufficent power....i was just wondering because those or the only two subs i can seem to find on ebay that ive herd good things about on this site.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 136
between the two.......and personal experience....we had a local competition......i had my g/f run a 10w7 in a HO box......and a 12 inch titanium.... running of a MTX 1501d.....had a slot vented box built for the titanium.....ran the titanium first....she hit 143 on the meter legal with the windows up and what not...we traded the subs out and put the 10W7 in....she hit 147ish.....this was in a 01 XLT ranger! but both will have good SQ. but i can say you can buy a 10W7 for about the price of a 15inch titanium!! and a 1000/1 would be a good amp for either sub.

TeeG
Unregistered guest
thx for the info that helped alot!... anyone else with some experiences with both subs that mite help or ideas to improve the setup

TeeG
Unregistered guest
thx for the info that helped alot!... anyone else with experience and maybe a preference concerning both subs or ideas to improve the setup?

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 331
Both are definatly SQL subs that are quality. You shouldnt have problem with either sub, and like Simon said the 1000/1 is a great amp.

Simons input if very specific and your not going to get much better input than that bc it was a very accurate test to see which would produce a greater SPL. (Tested diff. subs in same car with all other variables being the same)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3063
Yeah, except the W7 was a 10, and the TI was a 12.
A 12 will have a good DB or 2 over the 10...
Both are great subs, and like everyone else, the 1000/1 will power either great... as long as its a 12W7.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 138
yeah the 12 will be louder!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4617
10W7 is 500w rms, 12W7 is 750w rms, and 13W7 is 1000w rms.
A much more fair comparison would've been with 12W7. But that sub in a HO box will be even louder. I am positive that you won't find another 12" SQ sub louder than that.
Of course there are always some exceptions, but in general, it is very loud with excellent SQ.
Anyone with small trunk space, do listen to W7 in a HO box.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1022
I'd go with Eclipse. With my experience (help a local audio shop quite a bit), we had some 12" W7's in their "proper enclosure". We didn't like the sound and it wasn't quit as loud as we expected. We took them out and put two 12" Ti's in their "proper enclosure" and we gained 6db and it sounded a lot better. Just my .02. I think JL is highly overrated...

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1023
But of course, there are many things that go into affect... Just my .02, don't flame me please...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us