Best hu for under 150?

hondarider
Unregistered guest
whats the best hu for under $150?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1691
Possibly an Alpine or Pioneer from ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 99
I second that motion...

pioneer from my experience (searching ebay for HUs about 2 weeks ago) tends to hold their value a bit better on ebay so you could prolly pick up an alpine for cheaper.

I was looking in the $200 MSRP range for pioneer and alpine. The alpine could have been had for about $40 or so cheaper than the pioneer in that same $200 MSRP price range.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 882
Personally, I'd go Alpine.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1421
Personally, I'd go Pioneer.

hondarider
Unregistered guest
lol o great a dilema lol

hondarider
Unregistered guest
lol o great a dilema lol

hondarider
Unregistered guest
o and do i need subwoofer preouts if i am going to have a sub if my amplifier will have a crossover?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 884
Muddy sucks, go Alpine :P JK...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1452
Pioneer = Muddy...and...Alpine = Jake

Muddy > Jake

so Pioneer > Alpine.

Problem Solved.

lmao J/K:-O

grease
Unregistered guest
If you want cheap, with lots of features, th JVC 05 range looks very good for the money, and blaupunkt. Spend more than £200 or so, then go Alpine. But the JVC range looks good for what they are asking..

grease
Unregistered guest
Jexx -

Ebay is cheap, but remember your buying used electrical items. I bought an average alpine HU, either this years model or last, the thing has been hammered badly...I bought lots, and to be honest, buy new it will last longer and you have someone to go back too

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1787
Strange. I have to admit I'm biased somewhat because I buy mostly from powersellers where the units haven't had much time to be abused by customers. I have bought many units from private sellers as well and they haven't been too bruised up, in fact, I've been surprised that people could keep their car stereos in such good condition.

Considering the price deduction, I haven't found any reason to buy electronics brand-new unless they can't be found on ebay.

I do agree completely, however, that you will have someone to go back to. They aren't too difficult to repair, though...

Username: Bluedevil1550

Post Number: 4
Yea, Im about to buy the JVC KD-LH810 since it has all the features I need and it looks hella nice!

grease
Unregistered guest
oh right, I find that the more expensive the headunit or whatever, the better it is looked after. True you can find some bargains, but there is a big risk invovled too. The difference in price between powersellers and new isn't big enough for the risk i think...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1823
Yeah, the risk is worth it in my opinion...I've gotten some good deals on untested equipment from powersellers...though yeah, it can be expensive if you mess up...

Bronze Member
Username: Vuyodaddy

Post Number: 29
Have any friends that work at Bestbuy? The discount is ridiculous. And you get new stuff. Heh.

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 18
PANASONICC!! :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us