First System On Budget Help!!!

Username: Matt_hilton

Post Number: 1
Ok im in highschool just got my First Car, and my knowledge for car audio is very low.
I have about 400 bucks to spend on a entire system. Sub+amp+wire, I need just one sub with a low mounting depth because i have an 84 silverado reg cab. So any suggestions or comments would really help.
Heres my Truck

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 899
Very nice truck - but is that a PORT-A POTTY behind it !?
now thats a bad place to take out a pic cause some naughty guy would post a sh!t joke about it - lol

Anyway - u need to say what size of subs or box can fit in your ride ? UploadUploadUpload

Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 10
i would suggest bazooka tubes, limited space and bazooka tubes do hit nicely

Post Number: 2
just went out and measured behind the seat and i have 7.5 inches to play with, Thats with the seat all the way back so there is another 3-4 inches there if needed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
http://cgi.ebay.com/BAZOOKA-BT1024DVC-10-PORTED-SUB-TUBE-500W-NEW-04-BASS_W0QQit emZ5812298708QQcategoryZ32823QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

than all you need is an amp.. i cant find any good 500watt monos with 250RMS....

you can get a decent wireing kit for it at walmart for 20$

Post Number: 3
Are you sure about the tube at school everyone makes fun of them. I could be wrong i am a noob at this anyone else agree on james suggestion.

Ps thanks james for the help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
http://cgi.ebay.com/BAZOOKA-BTA8200-CAR-POWERED-ENCLOSED-SUBWOOFER-TUBE-SUB_W0QQ itemZ5810907071QQcategoryZ32822QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if your really limited on space... this isnt reccomended.... not much power and wont hit for crap... but its an option.. than its less mess

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
if you get the right tube it would be some what decent... if you looking for real power on a budget than you can go here and look around...

www.internetsoundsolutions.com

if your looking for a hard hitting system than you need something with alot of flex... like this

vofenhag dosent make the best stuff... so dont expect it to be a super system

http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLFENHAG-1000-WATT-DVC-10-INCH-SUBS-L-K_W0QQitemZ5812050244 QQcategoryZ3291QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

it has reccomended box measurements for you as well

Post Number: 4
well i saw that the v2w6 10" has a 6.9 mounting depth and when i move the seat up, i have about 9 inches to play with. Is that enough?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
it should work... your major issue would be finding a sufficient box for the limited space.... if your good with your hands you could build your own box.... whant you can make it however you need to...

Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 7
Ya i spent 500 and i got some Lanzars and a nice lanzar amp its not a big name thing but hey you konw its there.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 155
Wow, i cant believe nobody said RE re's thats wild. Usually thats all you hear

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Well he doesnt have the space for them really. It would be kinda of a tight squeeze he should just get like 2 12" Bazookas.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
LOLLL I just saw your gass meter reader says your on E need gass lol. As old as it is could be two things your needle works when car is on or was like my 87 Buick which the gass needle stayed where it was with the car off aswell.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 85
Ebay, AW1251SE, MTX8001D, Small Box, Amp Kit, Done!

Subs- http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AUDIOBAHN-AW1251SE-AW1251T-w-GRILLS-1600W-SUBS-PAIR_W0QQit emZ5811423868QQcategoryZ48613QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AMP- http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-MXA-8001-MONO-BLOCK-SUB-AMP-800-WATT-1600-PEAK_W0QQitemZ 5812376907QQcategoryZ64573QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Box- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-QPOWER-JEEP-WRANGLER-DUAL-12-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOS URE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQitemZ8002816228QQrdZ1 (EVEN THOUGH ITS SAYS FOR A JEEP, IT SHOULD FIT YOUR TRUCK)

Amp Kit- http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Gauge-High-Power-Amplifier-Installation-Wire-Kit-Amps_W0QQ itemZ5813582782QQcategoryZ71529QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

YOUR TOTAL: 403.00 (and that includes all shipping cost!) *I was even surprised to see it come out that even.*

And your done, Now i know people will start yelling at me for choosing audiobahn, but on ebay you can get there low-end stuff for crazy cheap. And besides their natural sound subwoofers sound very nice, they were my first set of subs and i was very pleased with them.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 902
Ok - let me throw sub ideas @ him .

If u have the money & are considering JL then try to keep away from Volvenhag cause it's not in the same high quality bracket .

If that JL sub's depth is say 7" & your space is 9" . if u are going to build a box outta 3/4 mdf thats 3/4 + 3/4 front/back thickness of wood which leaves 7.5" . Its genrally rec that some space be left between the sub & the back wall - to me thats kinda close but u can still very well do it .
Will a perfectly rectangular box fit or a wedge shaped box ?

Here's another option -
A friend of mind is currently doing a old Nissan pick up & since there is very little space behind the rear seats he removed it completely & instead installed 2 single seats & a long centre console he custom made out of mdf (pretty easy to do) holding 2 10" subs ported or course !

Post Number: 5
I need a wedge box because of how the seat is made. I really dont want to take the bench seat out and put buckets.(Chicks Dig the Bench)lets say i have 8.5 inches for the box what is the minimal the sub needs on the back side of the sub to the back of the box. So lets say the mount depth is 7.5in and the box is 8, will it sound alright or is it even possible.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 912
Oh - the bench seat is for making out then ,can't blame ya ! - ha ha .
Remember if outer measurements is say 10" then using 3/4 internal measurements would = 8.5" . look for a 3/4 thick prefab if its too much trouble for u to build.
Search around for a sub ,Pick a decnt brand that meets your depth requirements , then go to its homesite & look it up .....

Post Number: 6
k Thanks guys for all your help ill keep you guys posted on all the updates. When i do find the subs i want ill post pics of the whole install should be fun.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 96
hey, whats wrong with the audiobahn/MTX set-up? haha, oh well, just trying to help, but that box on ebay should be perfect for your truck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us