Looking for superb SQ 2 10w6, 1 10w7, 1 12 w7?

Username: Pancho05

Post Number: 8
I'm looking forward to a new system. These are my choices(JL's only). What would be great for songs such as System of a Down, metallica, slayers?

Bronze Member
Username: Dubdw7kota

WILMINGTON, NC

Post Number: 29
ive got 2 10w7s in slot ported enclosures on 2 jl 500/1... i originally had them sealed... i lik the ported much better, the 10s r tight, never heard the 12s... make sure u go with a jl amp, compliments them well imho

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1079
there just isn't beating the w6 imo. but if you are only going with one sub and like output, go with the 7.
2-3w6 is the only JL setup i'd run with.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 97
The W6's are are nice.....2 of those on a 500/1 in a slot vented box has a sound that i think you are looking for...a lot of the tech in the W7 is in the W6. i think 2 of those and a 500/1 would be great for you!! i run the single 12W7 in a sealed box with about 1100 watts on it from a zapco reference amp and it does kick bass real well but of all the w6's i have put in they do it really well and don't get to obcenly loud and take over like the W7 does.

Username: Pancho05

Post Number: 9
Thanks for the comments. speaking of boxes, how about those prowedge and HO wedge i've seen on jl's site? so u guys are saying that 10's are better for those kinds of songs?

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 108
matching the W6's with the H.O. is anouther way you can't go wrong....they give a lot of output and keep the sound quality!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us