My SYSYTEM!!!

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
Here is the setup for right now....

1x old Alipine HU!
1x Boss 7 band Equilizar
1x MTx crossover
2x 6x9 pioneer 4way premiers for now! (impressed)

- NOTE: I plan on changing all the above except HU to MEMPHIS!@!

1x Memphis pr200.2 = HIGHS = 140.2 rms @ 2ohms
1x Memphis prd1000.1 = BASS = 1000.1 rms @ 1ohms
2x Memphis 15mc124d-MClass 12" SUBS (1ohm config)
1x Ported Box for TWO 12" SUBS, DEEP!!! WIDE!!

This shhhh can really make your ears bleed! I wont even compare my system with the guys around here. This shhh drops seriously! Enough to break & crack the chrome trims around my trunk.
You can hear my coming a good 4 -6 blocks away!
And may I add thats with my back seat UP! cause it dont fold, and thats with only 2 front windows rolled down!!

You guys on here like Memphis? All I got to say is I think all this shhh is underatted!!!!!
I am runing 2 of there low designed subs (200rms) and pushin 1000 rms to it, and it askes for more!!
I am now thinking of going with 2 mojo memphis subs rated @ 750 rms per sub.
I will be having some pictures coming soon.
It is very un-comfortable when your riding with me. example made 2 girls cry after they got a ride less than 1 mile!! try that.... Lamo

I know I need and alternaor cause sometimes when i turn the vol to 16 the highs will fade out if im using the AC!!! The lights also do the xmas tree thing at night. but not very noticeable.
I am only runing 4ga! its cost money for wire u know. I will upgrade when the time is right.

Any of you guys pusshing those memphis mojos or the lvs? what u guys think????
Or have a simular setup?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1292
if your highs are cutting out and your lights are dimming, then there is absolutely no way that your amp is pushing 1000wRMS to your subs.:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10430
the girls probably cried from the sound of that amplifeir clipping thanks to the severely sagging voltage rails in that vehicle.

nobody wants to hear your system 5 blocks away though, seriously.

go get the car metered with a termlab mic, windows up, at the dash.
tell us the score. then we'll all oooh and ahhh I promise.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 843
OMFG! I've seen everything... I had two girls with me couple nights back and they had to p33 after about 30secs. of about 3/4 volume... That system is sh!t man... And it's not how far away you can hear someone, that's a bunch of bullsh!t. I hope you car burns down if that's what you're going for...

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 363
WHOA !!!!!!!!!!!

Is this your fantasy?

What girls were peing themselves when you were bumpin your 6X9's?

Sounds like you re full of it man. If you gonna lie, at least make it so that you wont get caught.

Ha Ha Ha

Loser

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1343
i love you mixneffect. lol

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
""if your highs are cutting out and your lights are dimming, then there is absolutely no way that your amp is pushing 1000wRMS to your subs.""

Muddy Watters....
YOUR RIGHT. MY alternator doesnt put out enough pwr to even push the amp to 1000 wtts rms. I need a High Output ALT! But the 105A stock is working for now so it will do.

Tyler..
You need to listen to the Memphis line of products and not just co-sign b@tch! Memphis is excellent for the price!!

I said the girls "cry" that night, not piss..
And by know way do I think my system is the #1 in USA. I would be really conceeded if I did.

Glasswolf...
I will be geting an SPL meter from radio shack soon. Wanted one a few mnths ago. I need some numbers....
And the amp prob is indeed clipping those subs like crazy, cause the popped 1 day after I typed my first post!!
But they worked they butt off for the past 4 months I had them!!!!

But Memphis is by no way crap in my opinion.
I plan on replacing those bottom of the line subs with something around 500 rms per sub. Maybe the new memphis M3 or the MOJO MAD MAX!!!

Please all critics vist...
www.memphiscaraudio.com
Thanks...

And Glasswolf how would you think they will sound? with a new High output alternator?

OHH, Sorry for the late reply too. I get busy sometimes you know.

Also Jake Hill..
What are your numbers like? What do u measure and what does your system consists of? I must ask cause u talk like you have the loudest system in America.
I know I am way way way far from that! But I will get some numbers once I get these new subs.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 114
damn why do you ppl get so mad at someone if they like there system my 2 crappy bahns get loud (i know i know they dont sound good blah blah yaba yaba but they do get loud ... and im not proud of it so dont start rankin) most girls never heard alot of bass ... every girl but 1 that been in my car was like jesus thats loud it accually hurt and i dont really blast them either (sq diminishes x2 if if i do) dont worry im tryin to sell them as we speak now i know whats good and whats not
watch someone is gunna rank on me just to sound cool infront of people he/she doesnt even know ... thats whats so sad about society now

Silver Member

Post Number: 880
HAHAHA! Currently? I'm running an Alpine CDA-9833 deck. Don't care much for the new ones, and Eclipse CD8455 is sitting here, just waiting to get the ambition to install it :P (all my energy went into the new boxs).

I have a 160 amp alternator, all rewired electrical system, a 200 amp Stinger fuse, and a 200 amp relay. 4 gauge wire to the back battery bank, and the relay is in between the battery bank and the alternator.

SPR-134A 5.25" components up front, wired directly to HU (still deciding on some good components).

Two 12" Eclipse Ti's (SW9122) in 3.5cu/ft boxes, 1" MDF, tuned to 32Hz (finally got 'em done!!!). Being pushed by an Eclipse DA7232 amp. I have two 2 Farad caps, and three ACDelco deep cycle truck batteries in the back.

My friend bought the 150db meter off of www.splmeter.com and I can max the meter out, before the new boxes, and these ones are louder.

What I paid for it all: aprox. $2,730

Any questions? :D

And a HO will make sure your amps get the juice they need.

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
I agree Robert. It's all up to you, and if it sounds good to you, then cool beans. But when you come onto a board and start talking your system up, and it's sh1t, expect to be flamed. Many people on here have been doing this for years, and have really nice systems. There are TONS of systems better than mine. But I love it, and that's all that matters.

I also forgot the sound deadening in it, I don't know what that came up to, I had enough peices laying around that I didn't have to buy anything but the spray on stuff to get into the corners...

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 270
I could be going blind, but I'm not seeing my post...that Brent is referring to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 883
Yea, I wondered about that too...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1449
i haven't.

"I see dead posts." lmao

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
Okay
So Jake Hill..
and alt of 160A is pushing your system properly?
Whats kind of amps do u have and what are there rms?
Did my amp clip that bad becuase of it being under powered by the 105a ac delco alternator?
Those 2 subs were toast! one of them wont even push in!

I havent spend near as much money as you on my system. But i got my stuff for good prices on ebay! maybe spent 700$ so far!

I am slo not a newbie to electronics, in fact i have several certificates and degrees and took too many digital, electronics, devices, troubleshooting, classess.... boring...

I have hooked up quite a few car audio systems for friends, but im just trying to get my system sounding how i want it to sound!

Did those subs pop from the mere fact that there were badly matched to the amps rms power or due to the fact the alternator was not supplying enough power?
subs were rated @ 200rms & 400 peak
amp rated @ 1000rms & 2000 peak

whats rms do u recomend for my next sub?
those 200rms subs were definately underated!

the max vol on HU is like 35 and the subs popped with vol like 22 maybe. So i dont think the HU was clipping. but maybe the amp...
point me in the right direction....

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
Anyone??

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1539
"Did my amp clip that bad becuase of it being under powered by the 105a ac delco alternator?"

my vote goes to...yes.:-)

also, you shouldn't get amps that have wayyyyyy more power than your subs need, b/c most ppl relate how far they can turn up their HU with how loud their system is going to get. you should carefully listen to your subs while you turn it up to hear distortion, and when you do, simply turn it down a few notches.
if your amp can't get the right amount of supplied voltage to amplify the larger signal(when youturn it up even louder), then it will clip the signal to try and increase output power to the subs, due to the lack of input power needed to properly amplify the input signal(coming from the HU).

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
thanks muddy!

that cleared it up for me.
because by theory you cant expect a bigger output that the actual input of the circuit.

I was trying to avoid it, cause i thought it sounded alright, but i will be getting a high output alternator soon. cant damage no more subs, they cost!
what size alternator do u recommend?
the biggest i can find at local autoparts store is 140a for about 140$
im thinkin i need bigger.

also, i didnt want to miss match amp/sub that bad. but i bought those subs to use with a smaller 500rms amp, but i got rid of that for the 1000rms. i was just hopin speakers would have hold out a little longer till i match them correctly.

now i should just get an alternator first!

Username: Excesslancer

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 2
what state are you in brent??? and how many sound tickets have you gotten??? You should never blow a speaker if you are playing your systemm so that it sounds good you will hear distortion befor the speakers blow! but I say your amp shouold be one third more powerfulll that your subs and minimum rms for a loud system should be 500 rms per sub! but one cannot live on subs alone , mids and highs are important too!

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
i am currently in NC!
i have gotten 2 warnings in different cities.
no tickets... lol
welll besides speeding.
my bottle neck diffentily is the subs.
i wanted to keep everything memphis car audio.
so im tryin to save some more money get something with a higher rating.
whats state r u in? so was born in trini huh

Username: Excesslancer

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 6
I am in GA now .. I was born in manchester england but lived in trini for some time! I got a $160 dollar sound ticket leaving nopi nationals last weekend!!! good money I could have used on something else! I have no speeding tickets at all! I us a Clarion Halpine EQ autotek and Caustic Preamps and BOSS amps with MA audio 12" 1000watt subs then 2 SX80 medium throw pro sound monitors and a pair of EVID short throw pro sound monitors in front! All on stock alternator!

Bronze Member
Username: Kurczak323

Lindenhurst, Il

Post Number: 26
i have pioneer 6x9 5 way and belive or not but i like them i paid 70$ for them and they are really good for the prize :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 905
ROFL! No comment...

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 243
5 way??? what?????

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
i paid like 80 for the 4ways- impressed.
they are pioneers.
he wanted to sell me the 5 ways for 10 more bucks.
plus i got a 90 day warranty, so they blow i take them right back!
im not really a pioneer fan, surprised though!
it was worth the $$ im still trying to blow these suckers. right now they are configured for 100rms
they are rated @ 80rms.
but when i get my other speakers, the amp will drop to 2ohms and it will receive 140 watts rms.
well seee.....

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 817
Why not reg , bro !? - & list the models of what u own in your profile ......Upload

BRENT101
Unregistered guest
"All on stock alternator!"
Rovin how big is your stock alternator??
and how much RMS on your amps, how many?
mines 105 and is insufficent for my memphis amps!

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 823
My ride came with an 80amp alt & amps etc ? - (click on my profile) . Whenever i get my stuff & hook it all up - only then that will be the true test on whether or not my car needs a HO alt , but judging by the figures i'm expecting that i will ....Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us