Bridgable or none Bridgable

Username: Carstereowiz

Post Number: 1
Here's the sitation. I got 2 12's in the back of my car and i bought the biggest P.O.S. amp there is (Legacy=Liars don't buy amps off the internet} and it said it was 1000 watts. I looked in the manual to see if it was what it said it was it wasnt. MY subs only get 75 watts a piece. They hit but not very hard, you can barely here them outside the car. What should i do? My bro who has been through like 3 really nice stereos told me i should go with something cheap like Jensen. I'm thinking of taking it but im just wondering should i get two mono subwoofer amps and bridge them or get 1 2 channel. Which one would be best?

Username: Cmljockey

Post Number: 3
selling some great amps...check my post- F/s //////Alpine mono-amps

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 239
What brand are your subs? What model number? What is the VC configuration? What are their RMS ratings? More details are needed before anyone can recommend an amp.

I think it's safe to say that no one will recommend Jensen, though.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 394
What is your budget?

Decide which subs you wanna use.

Match an amp, that has at least the total RMS of your subs combined. You may go over a lil, but not more than 20%. Also make sure the amp you are getting is stable at the total load you plan on using.

Go with one mono amp that will hadle the load of both subs. It will be cheaper and more effective. It will be hard to ballance out to amps and two separate subs.

Remember, just because your subs are not that loud, it doesnt mean your amp is the problem. Although in this case it may be an exception.

The enclosure design, size, construction, location, and which way it is facing, makes a big difference.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 241
Considering the fact that he said he has two 12s in his car, I think he's already decided on his subs for now......

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 397
Speakers are a commodity, not a necessity. He might change his mind. He is having second thoughts about his amp, isnt he?.

No insult intended, just trying to help.

I think he may want to reconsider the whole setup. If we teach him how to select and what to look for, he might find that there are other better options for him out there, who knows. I ll leave that up to him.

Username: Carstereowiz

Post Number: 3
Can two subs to a mono amp. Won't that not give me a balance selection? Myy subs will take 1000 watts rms together. I want to get a good solid bandpass box because they're audiobahn so the backs look nice. I don't want to spend anymore than 500$ on a amp and no more than 150$ on a box. I'm thinking of getting something real cheap like, http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=308&stk_code=lanvibe268&svbname=309 the that. But last time i ordered an amp off the internet i got the shaft. But i can save a ton of money buying off the internet and ill probably have a hard time finding 1000 watts RMSx2 @ 4 ohms worth of amp(s) for under 500$ so it's my only option. Does anyone agree? Also, i had a question on wiring. If you get a certain watt wire like say 200 does that mean that the amp running off it only gets 200 watts? I know the amp is a piecer and the box. IT says in the owners manual "75 wattsx2 RMS @ 4ohms" so i know it's mostly to do with my amp and maybe the wiring.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 129
Aaron take the $650 and get something better than audiobahns. For $650 you can get a great system

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 128
lol i started the same way u did
2 audiobahns and a sh!t amp (audiofonics 1500w)

why dont u sell your audiobahns
and start from there
build your own box cost like 40$ in materials

personally im gettin a 15" SX
i cant figure an amp yet but im kinda low on budget for an amp cant really spend more than 250$
give some other amps you know of
so far im thinking
- HIFONICS BX1205D
- AUDIOBAHN A1300HCT (lol dont be a stereotype there amps are pretty good for 250$)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us