Is this right?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 277
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mA31WQdkQKL/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=158XMSD61X

That amp, has 3X30A fuses. But it's 600W RMS. My Audiobahn A8000T has 2X30A fuses, and is 800W RMS. Which amp is most likely going to get the cleanest RMS output? I couldn't believe this when I saw it, so I just had to ask!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1506
not sure, but its RMS power is rated at 14.4V

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 50
dont really know for sure but i would go with the bahns before sony

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 402
Not sure if this is totally right but each 30 amp fuse can allow 360 watts of power to pass before blowing. So your audiobahn amp can only produce 720 watts, the sony 1080 watts. (Amps X Volts = Watts)
Thoes brands over rate their amp outputs.
Also to get thoes wattages, you will prob have to give it 14.4 volts and a 1 or 2 ohm load, but they usually won't.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 239
Why is that Sony amp $400??

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
Matt, that's a good question lol. Brandon, Isaac told me he tested the Audiobahn amp himself and it delivered 750W RMS accurately. The Audiobahn amp does go down to 2 ohms as well.

I just couldn't see a Sony amp, outdoing an Audiobahn amp. It just isn't possible lol!

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 408
just because it has more fuses doesn't mean it can produce more watts. but you never know, maby sony realized their products suck, redesigned their line of equiptment, and are gonna take over the car audio world....lol

hell, crutchfield says its CEA 2006 compliant too

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
I believe it was Glass that said though, that he likes the new CEA system, but it it doesn't require a company to actually test them or something to that effect...

I don't see Sony ever realizing their stuff sucks, when too many people buy into it. What people here at Ecoustics.com message boards do, is good as far as educating a small amount of the public, but we can't save everyone... :-(

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 409
yeah, you can't talk to anyone now and get them to understand car audio, but the excellent sales staff at your local best buy or circuit city can make them believe anything they want, lol. people now are happy with a stock radio, speakers, LOC with "5000 watt amp" and 2 audiobahn 15's, all on a stock 65 amp alternator, lol. i just don't get it

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 763
"Why is that Sony amp $400??" - because its crutch feel !
They always sell more expensive the same goods that other online stores sells for way cheaper . I've seen decks they sell for $500 when other stores sell it for $330 .
How do u think they are able to provide all that customer service thing ,stand-by operators/experts & free installation guides - all that = higher overheads so they MUST charge more than everybody else .

On a blue moon they do have some incredible deals like that recently sold out RAA1000 MB Quart amp & some of their sub/amp/box combos aren't too bad ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us