Any suggestions? Power but no sound...

Username: Newyears_brat

Post Number: 1
I bought a kenwood car cd player off ebay that supposedly only needed a new fuse. I replaced the fuse and now the headunit has power and acts like it is playing (cd and radio) but no sound. I have reset it, checked the wiring, adjusted the treble,bass,fade,bal,etc. still nothing. I hooked a seperate known working speaker to it and nothing... I use a test light and not even a flicker from the speaker wires on the harness. The set up ground seem to be good, my cassette player worked fine with it. I have a vw cabriolet and it has no ignition hot wire so the ignition and battery wire from the harness are connected to the same battery power wire from the car. Any one have any suggestions of what else I could check or any other test I can do.
Do to my situation I can not afford to get it fixed so I guess I got ripped off...
Probably the internal amp huh?
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 36
Same thing happened to my Friend...he just had to put the RCA's in to OUT, not IN....?
May help

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1687
Yeah, and if that doesn't, it might possibly be the output IC.

Username: Newyears_brat

Post Number: 2
I'm not using the RC hookups, not have an external amp. Just wanted basic tunes since my car is an 86 rag top and don't wait the top slashed (worth more the car). The seller just got back to me finally and told me to take it to a dealer and have it cleaned??? Probably would cost more that the deck did!!! I did more testing, the harness is good, the ground is good, just with the deck hooked up the speaker wires have no power. I am temped to take the thing apart myself and clean it, like I do my computer.
Does anyone no where I could get a free service manual for this thing, I don't want to spend a fortune (which I don't have).... many many thanks for your guys help!!!:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10527
download the manual for that model. be sure the amplifier is turned on in the kenwood.
if that fails to help, you were sold a dead unit.
send it back and get a refund.. then report the seller to ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1689
Yeah, and I can guarantee you cleaning it won't repair it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us