Lights wont dim

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 34
Yeah i know thats good but with 1000rms watts and no ho alt and a duralast batt do you realy think it making 1000watts doesnt feel like it to me my freind had mtx 4500 or 5500 sub and amtx 502 making 500rms it sound louder to me then mine but that was years ago and it was also in an integra and my car actually has a trunk and alot of space so do you think my raa 1000 is actually making 1000 watts

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2909
What kind of amp are you using, and what kind of car is it in?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Mb quart Raa 1000 And the car 71 gt torino

http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 58
Well, there could be plenty of other reasons why you aren't getting the sound you want.

If you are really concerned about your amplifier's output, take it to an install shop, and they should be able to test it for you.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4342
Did you install the NOS yourself? How fast can you go?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2920
1000 watts rms isn't nesesarly enough to make you're headlights dimn, but it should be getting close. Are you sure you're subs are wired to get the full 1000 watts, and gains are set correctly?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3726
If you have a stock alternator 1000 watts rms is wayyyy more than enough to make your lights dim.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2924
I have a stock alt, and pull 1200 watts, and my lights dimn, but it's only a 105A alternator.
Thats why I asked if he has it wired to get the full 1000 watts, I'm guessing he might have it wired to a different ohm load.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3934
there is no way you are getting 1000 watts if you are not noticing any current loss to your lights with your stereo up. If I had to bet I would say your car has about a 75 amp alt and a class ab 1000 watt amp can use up 100 amps itself. Are you sure your subs are wired for 1 ohm and not 4ohms becausee that would be a huge problem as to why you would not be getting the power. Your amp does 250x1@4ohms 500x1 @ 2ohms and 1000x1@1ohm so make sure it is wired properly.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2925
You mean a class D amp will use 100A, right? Class AB amps are about 60% efficient.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
right know i have it wired at 2 ohms not 1 because i blew th 1ohm sub but with that it still didnt dim

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2952
So you're only pulling 500 watts... that prob isn't enough to do it. Once you wire it to 1 ohms, and get the full 1000 watts, it should do it.
Then you'll start killing the alt/battery.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
like i said at 1ohm it still didnt do it and soon i will put in another pwe 354 and make a 1 ohm loud so i guess we will find out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us