Bass Shakers

Bronze Member
Username: Doug_w

Post Number: 67
I'm running 2 12" IDQ subs right now and i plan on installing some bass shakers. Would that hurt the SQ at all? Also would it be worth it, are they really as good as everyone says they are?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 955
if they say that they're as good as flatulance in a bathtub vs a jacuzzi, then yeah-they're every bit as good as they're cracked up to be.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 851
acrtually my TI edition aura pros.. shake my seats like 2 12s thumping no problem...

Silver Member

Post Number: 958
bass shakers are an imitation of the real thing. they don't produce bass, they just shake as if there were (or might be) bass in your car. it's the equivalent to a Taurus hand gun vs a smith-wesson, HK, Kimber, or Sig. you could buy something that resembles the real thing, but in the end you're really just stuck with an imitation. like the kids who used to stick garage door openers in their pockets to flex like they had pagers (old school). there's no reality to posing.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1158
Bass Shakers.......lol

i don't see what they could hurt, but i would rather have the real thing.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
well id say 2 12" IDQ's are the real thing but for some reason I just can't hardly feel any of the bass. They sound amazing I just wanna feel some more bass.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1162
what kind of car is it in, and how much power are you running to the 2 12's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Mazda 626, 300 watts to each. I kind of low wattage but still not bad. They can get loud I just can't feel them and I don't know why.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1167
can you fold down your back seats. that's what i do, and it is a big difference. you should save up some kash and try to buy a JL 1000/1 or something along those lines.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 347
Bass shakers are intended for component sets with no sub.

In this case a 6" woofer has the ability to go down to 100 Hz (with a 12 dB X-over at least), but it would not produce the air movement that you would get in a sub setup. So the bass shakers do just that. They vibrate in order to give you an immitated effect.

For instance; a Dodge Viper doesnt have the room for a decent subwoofer setup. It has room for two 6" in the doors, and two more in between the seats at elbow level.

The trunk is completely separated from the cab, and it would take a high output sub in a pretty large box just to get the same effect as you would get in a hatchbak/suv. So, a couple-a bass shakers under the seats and you are almost a happy camper.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Well my question really is, are bass shakers worth it, im getting to pro shakers and the amp to run them for $75, so would it be worth it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 964
"For instance; a Dodge Viper doesnt have the room for a decent subwoofer setup. It has room for two 6" in the doors, and two more in between the seats at elbow level."

The dodge viper actually has a 10" sub on the back wall between the seats, unless they cancelled that on the new models.

but hey, if you just want the imitated effect regardless of cheese factor, i don't see how they could hurt. but are they worth it? no, imo. you'd be better off building an enclosure that helps to arrive at the desired end. i'm not certain as to your system, but i would also wager that your amp isn't pushing a full 300w/sub. you should definately feel it with two idq's. seat down or not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
its a JBL BP600.1 run to 2 12" IDQ's at 2 Ohms so i have a feeling it is pushing the full 300 watts to each sub. Also I heard that amp is underrated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 980
yeah, jbls have decent supply.
are they dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm subs?
and is the enclosure to specs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
its dual 2 ohm wired to 2 ohms and the enclosure is built to specs. I built it myself and i caulked it like no other so it wouldn't leak but I guess it could be leaking somewhere.

Silver Member

Post Number: 984
sorry to hear the issue. a proper port would help as opposed to sealed. i just would hate to see good subs like that be belittled by some cheesy bass shakers. some sonys or bostwicks maybe. but those are really good subs that, although are not spl per se, do get loud. it's a nice set up without them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
maybe ill try building another box or getting a box built by proffessionals
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us