What to do about my 1200w kicker amp

Username: Onlinebanking

Post Number: 2
hey anybody out there know... i got a 1200 watt kicker kx series amp and it puts out 4 ohm off a mono series... i'm looking to get a 10" mtx 9500, becase versus a 12" mtx it has the dual 4 ohm voice coil... what would be better to get??? any ideas? will the 12 go lower on the hz scale than the 10??? some help would be great

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2889
A 12 will ginerally hit lower than a 10, but not allways. That has more to do with the inclosure than the sub size.

Post Number: 4
alright thanks... if that's the case what do u think the sub will kick better in for lows and output... a ported or not ported enclosure...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2890
Well, if you just want deep sounding bass, ported, and tune low.

Post Number: 6
alright awesome... i remember putting an mtx 4500 in my x's truck... now being a truck it sounded much better not ported... now having a car like mine where the seats fold down... i would def. do the ported box for better flow, but how will the output db be u think???

Post Number: 7
oh and also... doing a ported box will it be better to do a smaller enclosure or make the box bigger? and also will two ports make a difference in bass distribution if i put the port holes on the rear of the box facing the interior? or just stick with the single port??? hey man i appreciate the answers too!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us