Need amp matched Please help, Glass/Muddy/Isaac

Michael Isaacs
Unregistered guest
I'm looking to put in a high SQ system that will still get plenty loud. I'm deciding between these two setups and need someone to recommend amps that are a good match for them:

2 IDQ 12"s or
1 IDMAX 12"

Also, if anyone has an idea, would I get better SQ by sealing the IDMAX or should it really be ported? What about the IDQs? Anyone know what kind of decibles I'd hit with these in a Scion Toaster, errr, xB :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1150
JL 1000/1 would be perfect:-)

i would personally go ported, but if you want just SQ, go with sealed, although the IDMAX should sound get very loud in a sealed box w 1000 watts.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1151
sorry, forgot to mention the kicker kx 1200.1:-)

Michael Isaacs
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reccomendations, I only hope I don't need to swap out my Alt for it, every estimate I've seen for my car is at least $650.

I see you're a fellow Floridian.
Know any good shops around the Tampa area, or any worth driving to Ocala for? ;)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1154
lol you could drive up to Audionutz and hang out, but they don't sell JL or Kicker.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 591
I would think that the 2 IDQ 12s would be a little bit louder cause of surface area & probably sound cleaner too instead of 1 big sub doing the same .

They do rec u do sealed for SQ . Really good amp choice above . Couple that with some ID components or Infinity perfects comp & its good to go .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us