Orion Amps

aboooo abooooo
Unregistered guest
Yall all talk very good things about Orion amps, I believe mostly the old stuff.. But what about the XTR series? THey are relatively "cheap" on ebay, (refurbied). Just wondering if they are decent. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3666
The newer stuff is decent. Definitely not what it used to be, but they're still good.

aboooo abooooo
Unregistered guest
better than say, hifonics?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3669
Probably, yes.

aboooo abooooo
Unregistered guest
anyobdy else? anybody have experience with them? the XTR pro 1000 is rated at 1000x1 at 1ohm. the fuse rating is 40a x 2. Do you think it is "safe" to run it at 1 ohm for extended periods of time (daily driving) and what do you think its output would be? Also, do you think it would be a fairly clean signal.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 231
i cant comment on that specific amplifier but yes its true that their not what they used to be but their still several steps above hifonics and it probably is ok to run them at 1ohm daily

aboooo abooooo
Unregistered guest
I dunno. Looking for a good 800-900rms at 1 or 4ohms. Might just go with the infinity 1211a and run it at 4ohms. same price on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 27
have to question, Who refurb them, Orion has not fixed their product in awhile.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10235
the XTR line of amplifiers like you're talking about are good amps, and yes better than a hifonics.

they are DEI made amplifiers, but most of the XTR line was still USA made..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us