12' Infinity 1230W sealed box question

Booba
Unregistered guest
Hi all.
Im using BassBox 6 Pro to build an mdf enclosure for 1230w and Im having a hard time understanding the Vas and dimensions of the box.

I enter the dimensions of the sub in the program and it calculates Vas automatically - 128.8 liters, while on the sub specs it says 75.8 liters. These two values are waaaay off, so I dont know which one to use?

Also, if someone has a bit of free time on their hands, Im trying to build a two-angle wedge (half square) and I need dimensions.

Again, sub is 12' Infinity Reference 1230W.

Thanks in advance!

Booba
Unregistered guest
Bump.
I have two of those subs and Im doing separate sealed enclosures for each. I did all the measurments and it comes up to 54 liters max (each enclosure), that can fit in my car.
54 liters = 1.9 cu ft

BassBox calculated Qtc = 0.763 (which is pretty good I assume), but thats with Vas = 75.8 liters.

So the question remains, what is the Vas for 12' Infinity 1230W? I think the data in BassBox (Vas=128.8 liters) is incorrect. Is it possible?

Booba
Unregistered guest
Anyone?

RFINF
Unregistered guest
Booba,

I have that same sub in a sealed enclosure, but just upgraded to a ported :-) Well worth the 160 buxx. Anyways, back to your question. If you go to Infinity's Website and go under product support, e-mail infinity and they will respond to your e-mail within a few hours or so if you can't find out your answer. I have e-mailed them a few times reguarding my box and they responded very VERY quickly. Just give them both deminisons and they will tell you which one will work best!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us