How to Amplify Frequencies without using powerful amplifiers

Bronze Member
Username: Xxcodytxx1

Post Number: 27
The other day I heard a guys system, and it sounded crazy, the bass was clear and almost impeccabble. It sounded like he had 2 fifteens. When he showed me that he was running 2 6 and a half inch midwoofers off a 200 watt kenwood amp, my jaw dropped. He had a crazy box, and i was wondering how to reproduce it.
any thoughts would be aprreciated

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9720
4th or 6th order bandpass, snailshell, transmission line.. I'd have to see the box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
It was a snail shell. the two speakers at a 45 degree angle to the roof of the box

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9740
there are pros and cons to every type of enclosure. a snailshell can give you plenty of gain from small subs, much like a TL enclosure, depending on the type of response curve you're after from those speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
DO you have basic plans for a snail shell enclosure?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 99
Glass, what are the cons to snailshell, and +1 on the plans?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10301
there are some generic designs floating around the net, but generally you want to use software to design a good one to match the driver you're using.
you get good low end extension with the design with high output. masked distortion, pretty good range of response if it's tuned right.. disadvantage is difficulty of design and construction, and mammoth size.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us