Pioneer Vs Alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Hurricane5

Blue Bell, Pa Us

Post Number: 11
Which head unit would u get the alpine cda-9855 or the pioneer deh-p9600mp. If you have any other suggestions on better head units please post them.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 165
The 860 or 960 will smoke that Alpine. There nothing better than the 860 for the money. $300~$350. off Ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 867
go with the 8600, it is the same as the 9600 internals except for the 2 faceplates. and it is cheaper.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1543
Why is everyone so biased towards the 860? There's better out there...

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 880
it is a great HU.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2143
I have a 860 and its the best HU ive had overall. INcluding alpine and eclipse decks. I love its looks and colors and especiall sound quality and the EQ and controls are so easy not to mention a great price. You can get them for $309 from electronicgiant

Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 5
how bout the DEH-P770MP?
i was lookin at the 770 cause the 860 is to 330 shipped

Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 6
how bout the DEH-P770MP?
i was lookin at the 770 its 200 shipped and the 860 is to 330 shipped which is alot for me

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 909
go for it, those are the most popular HU's at the audioshop i go to. although i do not care for the bug button in the off-left-center. i would rather have two knobs.

i have heard differing opinions on the new button setup. some say it is easy to simple and easy to use,
and others say it is cumbersome, and mess up while tuning etc. but other than that if it was me, and it was in my budget, i would definitely buy it.:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 910
*big button* 7-way rotary control to be exact. lol

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 849
The 7700 has 2 buttons. You're thinking of the P8MP. Yes the button is annoying, and just brings down the overall looks of the unit.

Jexx, name off the other HU at that price that are better.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 850
Other HU's*

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1551
For another $30 you could get a Clarion DXZ955MC, for an even cheaper $320, you could get the DXZ855MP. Because the 860 has a 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC in it, you wouldn't let me compare it to any single-bit units...so I won't, though the Alpine 9835 would be a good contender (plus, the Alpine sells for quite a bit cheaper through ebay).

Also, the Nakamichi CD400 is worth looking into at only $275.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 923
"The 7700 has 2 buttons. You're thinking of the P8MP. Yes the button is annoying, and just brings down the overall looks of the unit."

Your right, i an idiot.:-) lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 924
"The 7700 has 2 buttons. You're thinking of the P8MP. Yes the button is annoying, and just brings down the overall looks of the unit."

Your right, i'm an idiot.:-) lol

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 339
I am an Alpline fan.

A lot of people like Pioneer because they offer 6 Volt preouts, while Alpine offers 2 Volts in most of their HU'S, and 4 Volts in their higher end HU's.

This feature allows the amp to run under less stress, and therefore you get a stronger signal, and higher output.

Basicly every system has a "pre-amp". An amplifier will be more effective if the signal that it recieves is greater than lesser. So a pre-amp does just that. It sends the signal to the amp(via the RCA jacks). The RCA jacks were intended as low voltage sources. Thats why some amps have the option of low input or high input. But, even at RCA low voltage circuitry there is competition. Some companies choose to offer higher voltage in these circuits.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 776
Alpine or Eclipse. I've seen too many Pioneer's go to crap, just my .02 though.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 627
had a pioneer 7400mp for 3 years and never once had a problem.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 183
mixneffect good advice I appreciate it.

I have a Pioneer Premier 860 that according to specs has 6.5 preouts.

Got it hooked up to two amps, both Hifonics (yes I realize not the greatest but best I could afford)

Both have adjustable input levels, the mono one for my sub actually goes to 9v and the four channel for my other speakers goes to 6v.

I had the 4 channel set to about 2 volts (actually the dumb people at Circuit City set it that way) and it kept shutting off in protected mode.

I turned the voltage to 6 where it should be and no problems, just have to turn the head unit up a little higher.

By the way, I really don't like to trash anybody but I am done with Circuit City installers. I have had a lot done by them, in different cars, both at the Dayton, (OHIO) mall location and the (Longview) Texas location and they both have not really impressed me. Kind of cocky because you don't know enough to install it yourself (like me) but enough to pi$$ me off because I AM smart enough to catch it when they do something wrong (for example the guy who put in my $500 Viper remote start alarm did not bother to hook up the kill switch for the hood OR the valet switch and the guy in Texas hooked up the headunit remote switch to turn on the amps whenever there was power, not when the head unit was on/off.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 184
mixneffect good advice I appreciate it.

I have a Pioneer Premier 860 that according to specs has 6.5 preouts.

Got it hooked up to two amps, both Hifonics (yes I realize not the greatest but best I could afford)

Both have adjustable input levels, the mono one for my sub actually goes to 9v and the four channel for my other speakers goes to 6v.

I had the 4 channel set to about 2 volts (actually the dumb people at Circuit City set it that way) and it kept shutting off in protected mode.

I turned the voltage to 6 where it should be and no problems, just have to turn the head unit up a little higher.

By the way, I really don't like to trash anybody but I am done with Circuit City installers.

I have had a lot done by them, in different cars, both at the Dayton, (OHIO) mall location and the (Longview) Texas location and they both have not really impressed me.

Kind of cocky because you don't know enough to install it yourself (like me) but enough to pi$$ me off because I AM smart enough to catch it when they do something wrong (for example the guy who put in my $500 Viper remote start alarm did not bother to hook up the kill switch for the hood OR the valet switch and the guy in Texas hooked up the headunit remote switch to turn on the amps whenever there was power, not when the head unit was on/off.oth

In both cases I had to return to have them do it right.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1019
if i am not mistaken, NOBODY HERE LIKES CC. lol
Circuit City = Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us