8" sub

Bronze Member
Username: Scottbeckerle

Post Number: 17
Hey guys I got a regular cab truck and I use to have 2 10" subs behind the seats but I just can't stand not having the leg room so I think I'm going to go for a couple 8"s. I just don't want to move my seatup at all and I may be able to stick a couple 8"s behind the seat without doing it. Atleast I think since proform has a box that does it. So I guess i just wanted to know whats the best 8" sub. I don't have a clue when it comes to them or if anyone makes them anymore. Thanks alot.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9831
really good 8" high output subs will be deeper tahn a middle of the road 10" sub, so you won't save any space that way.
you may want to go to bucket seats and build a center console to hide the subs in fiberglass in the center of the cab.
that'd give plenty of room, be fairly stealth, and give a good place for a set of cup holders :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1358
theres nothing like a good set of cup holders...

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 94
Or you could do something stupid like in P!mp My Ride, and put like 10000000 LCD screens in that little spot...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4634
Some of the only 8s that will fit behind a seat well are the JL W3v2s, which are pretty good, but nothing spectacular. Image Dynamics ID 8s are good, but they aren't too shallow.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 334
I have personally used two 8" Aurasound subs in my Home Theater setup. These things POUNDED harder and louder than four Peerless 10" subs in two isobaric enclosures.

The BL on this 8" driver is 12, and the Vas is way low. You only need .75cu ft in a ported enclosure.

The only reason I recommend this sub is that I have had a pair of them, and they POUNDED!!!

They also make a 4 ohm version, so you may use it in your car application without having to use an enormous amp to push em.

www.aurasound.com

You will see it on the home page in the "home audio jpeg. It is in a white ported enclosure and it usually comes with a home theater setup. Dont worry, you can order them separate from www.madisound.com

Make sure you get the 4 ohm version though.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9866
"I have personally used two 8" Aurasound subs in my Home Theater setup. These things POUNDED harder and louder than four Peerless 10" subs in two isobaric enclosures."

er that makes sense considering four tens in an isobaric box will only have the output of two sealed tens anyway. Also note you're dealing with two totally different environments here.. a large room with corner loading versus a car.

anyway another option is to buy two good 8" subs, and pick up some cheap bazooka tubes on ebay.. then stick the good subs in the tube enclosures.
saves a lot of space, and gives good output.

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 283
what about an RE 8" they are pretty good IMO

Bronze Member
Username: Scottbeckerle

Post Number: 18
I was looking on that Aurasound.com website and was just wondering what are those bass shakers? Does it produce something you hear or just vibrate or something. Just curious about that seemed wierd.

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 46
I know I am going to get extremely crapped on for this...

Yes, I know everyone hates Audiobahn with a passion because they make "crap" products, but they make a series of subs called the "pro compression series" They come in 10 or 12 inches, and have a mounting depth of only like 4 inches.

I know a lot of people with pickup trucks who have them, they get plenty loud, and don't sound that horrible. Plus, you can find them on the internet for pretty cheap.

Plus, they work in as low as a .50 cubic foot box.

So, for your situation, they might work out.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 336
Bass Shakers?

Ya, they just vibrate. As far as the advice you were given so far I would say you are limited to just a few options really. The options so far are either high quality expensive 8" drivers, or bucket seats.

We've all been in that same situation, and really it all comes down to compromise. Trucks, and unibody sport cars (Vipers) have limited space available for bass enclosures.

Some people will not give up bass for anything and usually get a campershell/tonneu cover, and put the Sub in there. You will need a powerfull amp and a very loud sub in order to compensate for the separation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us