Box for dodge dakota

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 286
and it's not an exteneded cab, so I'm going to have very little room to work worth.

I have 2 12" type-r's and an audiobahn a8000t

Any ideas where I could find a prefab box that might fit those?

Can I fit 2 type-r's?

Please say yes, lol. I don't want to sell my subs :-( but I need some help.

I'll try and get an exact measurement soon, but any sites or ideas would be really helpful.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbrannam

Mount zion, Il Usa

Post Number: 23
im in the middle of building a box for 2 12" mtx thunder4000s. That im going to install into an s10 reg cab. The box design says the driver should be able to hit 112 db with just 15 watts. That is just for one box. I am using two of them.

If you give me, the dimensions I can give u an idea of what it will cost to design and build one. I work at a construction company, my job title is a designer, and drafter so I can lay out what you necessities are to build it or build it for you just let me know.

Thanks
Chris

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 34
I know what problem you are in I had an MTX 7500 in my reg cab silverado. Seat was all the way forward and it barly fit so I was forced to put it on hold nad got 2 smaller ones for now. In your case with 2 type R's you should be able to squeeze them in there should be some prefab truck boxes they will fit in or you could build your own makeing it as thin as possible and larger on the width.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbrannam

Mount zion, Il Usa

Post Number: 24
I have my box together now I am just painting it. I have 1.25 cubic feet that is what the speaker requires as min. I don't have to move the seat up but 1" on both sides.

I used a program that helped me decided what size I need or what size they were telling me for that cubic feet of air space. If you need help with a design of your box, all I need is the required air space and the some rough dimensions of where u is putting it in.

Thanks
chris

Username: Subwoofernoobey

Post Number: 7
CHRIS u are my hero, i dont know how i could make a box without you, i am fitting a kicker comp 10" sub behind my 1987 Chevy S10, i have roughly, 15" width, 15" height, 8" bottom depth, 6" top depth, i dont know the air space for this sub, but if u want u can get it off of www.kicker.com
If u can figure a box, this would be a huge help

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 287
Thx chris. I'll try and get the dimensions as soon as I can, but I know there isn't going to be much room.

A rough guess would be maybe the same amount of room an regular s10 would have??

I don't know. Getting a custom box isn't really what I wanted to do, I'd prefer just getting a prefab if at all possible that it fits.

I'd REALLY like to find a box made for a dakota, but I can't find any sites that carry one for a regular/not extended cab.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 288
bump

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 146
you might check here
http://www.proboxrocks.com/dodge/94-01regulardf.shtml

not sure if thats for the dakota or ram.

I doubt any custom box can make 112 db off 15 watts! Are the speeakers super conductors or something?

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 290
that's for a 1 10" and my subs mounting depth is like 7" i think.

I need a box for 2 12's for a Dodge Dakota Regular Cab.

Anyone have any ideas?

thx for who responded so far.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 291
bump

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 292
http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Subwoofer_boxes/subwoofer_enclosure_box_dakota_ standard.htm

Would my 2 12" Type-R's fit in that?

It says either 4 8", 2-3 10" or 2 12" subs can fit..

the thing I'm conserned about it mounting depth. It shows a pic of I think l7's (or am I stupid? lol) so wouldn't my subs fit?

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 32
That box would certainly fit your truck, but it really wouldn't be specific to the type of woofer you are purchasing.

If you are set on getting the Alpine Type R's , take measurements for the box of your dakota.

http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/

Go there and tell him the type of vehicle you have as well as the sub, the sub information, and the measurements that the box needs to come in at and he will give you an estimate.

I used woodlawn, and had a very good experiance. The box looks fantastic, just haven't had a chance to use it because all my stuff is on its way from online retailers.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 293
awesome, I might try that. Thx KingDeezie.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 294
bump for more suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us