Clickity clank

Anonymous

Hello all, I have a problem and I'm wondering if any of you know how to fix it. I have 2 kicker 15cvr and a hifonics bx1500d. they are in a large ported box, but everyime i turn the volume up, i hear a clicking noise like it's coming from inside the box. I looked and there was nothing wrong with the box, so i checked the forums and other people had problems with this exact thing. They said it was the gain, so i checked my gain and it is only 1/4 the way up, if even that. Does anybody know what else it could be? Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4568
What is the box tuned to? You may be running a frequency below tuning and causing the subs to move too far and bottom out.

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky34

IL

Post Number: 18
From INSIDE? Might be something just lose in ur trunk that is rattling. I would check the license plate first and make sure it aint rattling. I had that problem.

Anonymous

I have an SUV, but I think it may just be the tuning, I'll try to retune it and see what I get

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 872
i had the same problem. it's something vibrating in your trunk. i've had two different pairs of subs and found out it was a piece of plastic barely hitting the metal at loud bass volumes.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4577
He said it sounds like it's coming from inside the box, not the car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us