Ipod Connection with Amplifier

Username: Kiran_rci

Post Number: 1
Hi,
1) Is it possible to connect an ipod directly to an amplifier with out a Player in between.

2) I have an Alpine MRP-F24 Amplifier and planning to purchase an Ipod. Can somebody help to find an accessoriy to connect them both without a player

Thanks
Kiran Akula

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 482
a simple minijack to rca patch cable will do the job but the signal strengh coming from the ipod might be a little weak so you may want to try a line driver to boost the voltage if it doesn't sound too good. But there's really no reason to do this unless you don't have a HU in your car at all.

Username: Kiran_rci

Post Number: 2
Thanks Steve,
My car is empty without any audio system... so I am planning to setup one. I was thinking why to duplicate the players. Could you suggest with an line driver boost the voltage which I can get in the market.

Regards
Kiran Akula

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 485
something like the AudioControl DQX would be perfect for you. One input for your iPod and it has 3 pairs of outputs for all the amps you'll ever have. Output voltage conrol which you'll need. It also has crossovers and a 30 band eq so you'll want it even if you ever do buy a radio. The only drawback is that it costs as much as a head unit.

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=14144&d_Id=5247&l1=5247 &l2=

there's one on www.ebay.com right now for a pretty fair price. Item number 5802380279. All in all though, I still say you're better off getting a head unit. But if you want, try the setup without the equilizer and see what you think. You can always go out and buy either the DQX at that point or a radio. Somebody else might know of a cheaper solution but audiocontrol makes good products and I've never had a problem with anything of theirs I've installed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us