Hooking up 2 amps

Username: Bosox06

Post Number: 2
how would i go about hooking up 2 amps because i have a 1200 watt amp running my subs now but i have another about 400 or something watt amp i want to run to my speakers can any1 help me please

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 308
First take your remote wire coming from your head unit going to your sub amp and splice it to two and run one to your speaker amp.

Second if your head unit has more rca preouts for front/rear you will need to run those. If you only have 2 preouts then you will have to run one rca to the back and split it with a y adapator (1 female to 2 male) that way you can input both front and rear. If you only have 1 preout on your deck and your amps have rca pass thrus you can input signal from the other amp and like above split the signal.

For wiring you either have to run your own speaker wire to each speaker going thru your doors grommets and/or panels, or you splice into your factory wiring for each speaker.

As far as power and ground, if your wire gauge is big enough coming to your trunk just add a fused distribution block to run power to each amp and a distribution block for ground. That way you only have 1 wire for each instead of two seperate power wires coming in and two seperate grounds. Make sure your fuse near the battery is big enough to handle the more current draw or you will be blowing fuses.

I guess it varies per application but thats how i would do it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us