Positive and Negative

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 30
Alright you all will think this is a stupid question but I just went totally blank. Which color is positive and which color is negative?

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 293
postive is red / negitive is black

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 31
thanks

Anonymous

what would happen if you messed up and hooked up your black as your positive and red as your negative?

Clownass
Unregistered guest
Do you mean at the battery? If you put the positive terminal on the negative post and the negative termina on the positive post you would (depending on the vehicle) do a combination of the following: Blow fuses, burn wires and destroy your alternator. You can plan on needing a new alternator, wiring harness and replacing fuses if you do this.

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 67
and on your speakers (if i'm not misstaken) you would do what is called reverse polarity. basically the opposite of the other speakers...

Anonymous

batterys have different size posts like a wall outlet has a bigger slot on one side

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 180
also when you hook your speakers to your box before securing you should always test to make sure you have your connections right also, this can be done with a double a (aa) battery ook the wire to the terminals on the right sides you think, then from the outside of te box connect yer wires and then take the battery, and touch the pos wire to the pos side and neg to neg side, if the speaker then pops out then the wiring is correct in there is something wrong, also, "do not old the wires on the battery for more then a second as it will cause damage to the v/c if you hold it there.

Clownass
Unregistered guest
"batterys have different size posts like a wall outlet has a bigger slot on one side"

Uhh, mine don't.

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 181
lol neither do mine they look the same but one has the red slip cover over it and the other nothing..

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3503
""do not old the wires on the battery for more then a second as it will cause damage to the v/c if you hold it there."

I'd like to see anybody burn up a voice coil with a 1.5 volt battery.

You can hold it there as long as you want, the batter with just drain, your sub will be fine.

When you "blow" a sub, what you are actually doing is melting the voice coils. 1.5 volts barely even warms them up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us